• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zoukei-Mura 1/48 scale J7W1 Shin Den

Skinny_Mike

Hello everyone!

Here is my entry into this campaign. This is the Zoukei-Mura 1/48 scale J7W1 Shin Den.

Kickoff1_zpsf44f910d.jpg

Kickoff2_zps45f5b29a.jpg

My plan is to build this as if it was produced by Nakajima, which was planned as one of the production companies. This matters for the paint colors. I will do a scheme of Nakajima Navy Green over a natural metal bottom. White Ensign will be supplying the paint.

As of right now, this is going to be straight from the box with the exception of some Eduard seat belts I have in the stash. I'll also cobble together some markings from other kits and spares that I have floating around.

Overall this looks like an amazing kit, although a little complex with all the interior details. We'll see how this turns out. unfortunately I have been a bit under the weather this weekend so no model building for me, and plus I have a few other projects on the bench, so this may sit on the sidelines for a little bit.

See you soon
Mike

Hey Mike

Well since we're both building the same subject, you know I'll be watching closely. Not going to be doing the same 'finish' as you.... got something erm.... 'different' in mind for mine.

Ian

Thanks guys! Can't wait to get started on this guy, but I need to get some other stuff off the bench first. There are an awful lot of internal pieces you'll never see, one slip up might just throw the alignment right off! :unsure:

Looking forward to your build Ian - the beauty of this campaign is your finish can't really be wrong!
:drinks

Back