• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Your spouse complain about your stash of kits?

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

Does your spouse complain to you about the size of your collection of models, the size of your stash of kits that haven't been built yet or about the expense of your hobby? There's relief in sight! You can always tell them it could be worse. Tell them at least you're not as bad as this fellow who collects the real things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAHkEsyUpPE&feature=related

Cheers from Peter

Hey Peter
That is some collection!
The Jacques Littlefield collection is tremendous.
The thing is, you say that your spouse can take comfort in the fact one's own collection isn't as bad as this... But the fact I have but a half dozen kits, on the surface she thinks I could get away with no evidence of a stash at all but they still somehow mange to get in her way... :blink :pinch:
I cannae win... ;)

grumpyoldman wrote:
My ex- told me if I bought one more kit she would leave me---
so I bought two! :silly:

Hi there.

My pre-ex said to me, "Either those models go or I do!" I told her to have a nice trip. She's now my ex. The moral of the story, Never come between a modeller and their models!

Cheers from Peter

Thankfully, my wife is cool with the whole hobby thing, I think I'll keep her! B)

ONly when it takes up too much room in the walk in but I am working through that part of the stash first and then to the pile in the garage

she doesn't complain, not really. But doesn't understand why i want to keep getting more kits when I already have enough to keep me busy for probably a year and a half at my current speed. I really don't understand the phenomenon either.

Mine is very good about it. Doest`t care much for it, cant understand how I can have so much patients with it while not having much with everything else. And as most wives, doesn't get the STASH !. But its all cool.....Harv :silly:

No ,not any complaints at all,she is very supportive,she says I work hard and deserve my recreation.Of course I don't overdo it,I only have 22 in the stash.Also I don't complain about the shoes,boots,jeans and tops that she buys either,but she doesn't overdo it either.

Dioramix wrote:
Maybe, anybody of you knows the Clive Cussler novels about Dirk Pitt. This guy lives in an old hangar - with his collection of oldtimers.

Since I read these books I had this dream living in an old hangar... :laugh: And then I would collect jeeps and cars...

But this guy is completely crazy - with his collection he could make a small war. :woohoo:

Johnny,
When you get the hanger, and fill it up, let me know and I'll try and come visit. :lol:
I love all his books (except the ones about his real exploits) way too dry for me.
I do enjoy the "Dirk Pitt", Kurt Austin, "Oregon files with Juan Cabrio" and the new
Dirk Pitt Junior and Summer Pitt series... His other one is good too. (the character's
name eludes me right now, but he is an investigator with the pinkerton group)???
I used to think it was funny how he wrote himself into the books (but somehow Dirk
could never remember meeting him) :idonno :idonno :idonno :idonno :idonno

The wife sometimes complains about the stash, but puts up with it (cause she loves me).
Or at least that's what she tells me... I secretly believe that she is letting me buy
more kits knowing that someday I'll kick the bucket and she will be rich selling them
to other modelers... :lol: :laugh: :D ;) :hmmm

She has always said that she would rather have me home "Sniffing glue" than out drinking
in the bars... I can live with that. :duh

She may complain every now and again, but when we go to a hobby shop, she's the one that
says, are you sure there isn't a kit in here that you just have to have???

Gotta love her. (1st and only wife)... Been married 29 years (30 in March 2011).
Shawn

Now if I could only get my kids to take all their stuff with them (Travis) :D
I would have lots more room to get more models... (y) Just kidding Trav. ;)

My wife never really complains about my Fort Knox like stash of models . I do get the occasional dig about the money involved in some purchases though . :laugh:
I have also been blessed with her support and encouragement to turn a room in our house as my " studio " .
God bless her little heart !!!

The only time my wife really complains is when we go to the liquor store and buy beer , I mean come on she does have a beer or two herself .

because-beer-is-heavy_20100618_1190683657.jpg

My complaint is just the opposite ..... I want Richie to get me one , real , running Jagdtiger , is that really too much to ask ? Oooooh and a ladder :)

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
Iron Mike wrote:
Any progress to that end, Jenny? I'd love to see the pix or footage!

Not yet :unsure: , I do not use the Nagging approach , my main tacatic is puppy dog eyes :) .

Jenny :kiss:

If the puddy dog eyes don't work, here's another approach.

index_20100619_1892512519.jpg

Much better than bad ol' puddy dogs!

My wife doesnt complain as such but does throw out the odd comment about "all those boxes". To her a model is a model and she doesnt differentiate from one box to the next, so as long as she doesnt see me bring it home I can just add it to the stash and she is none the wiser. She realises after awhile that the pile has grown and of course she knows I have been shopping. I did develop a technique of having several stash piles and randomly moved them around the house to cover up the true size of my collection but I felt like Suddam trying to hide a scud missle and I knew I wasnt really fooling anyone but myself. Seriously though she is a good wife and she is happy to let me indulge myself with my plastic fetish.

My wife doesnt complain as such but does throw out the odd comment about "all those boxes". To her a model is a model and she doesnt differentiate from one box to the next, so as long as she doesnt see me bring it home I can just add it to the stash and she is none the wiser. She realises after awhile that the pile has grown and of course she knows I have been shopping. I did develop a technique of having several stash piles and randomly moved them around the house to cover up the true size of my collection but I felt like Suddam trying to hide a scud missle and I knew I wasnt really fooling anyone but myself. Seriously though she is a good wife and she is happy to let me indulge myself with my plastic fetish.

Back