• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

YGBSM Campaign?

Spangdahlen all the way, Mike. :good:

I'd also reccommend True Details resin seats, they're excellent and really fill-out the pit. And when you're done with the decals can I buy the remainder of the sheet from you ?

Ian.

Got one of these. Will it work?

hcc5235e.jpg

Well DUH! :pilot

Got one of these. Will it work?

hcc5235e.jpg

Can't see the connection m'self.... :coolio

In case you're in a part of the world that is still on 'dial up' that was called 'irony' and really shouldn't be read as insulting or disparaging... and anyway I'm sure that General T will get-me-back sometime soon.

Terry if you build that Thud, I have a raft of old Microscale & Fowler sheets you can have - gratis.

Ian.

I will look it over and let you know. Lot of plastic in that box. :gogo

Damn! I just now noticed that Thud is 1/32 scale Terry. That's gonna be a big bad bird. :woohoo:

Yep. A Euro 1 Spang Weasel Phantom is on my must build list. B)

In 1986 I went to the show at RAF Alconbury for the first time with 'my' Jag. It was a superb day, unbroken sunshine and around 30deg all day - got back to Coltishall on the Sunday evening looking like a lobster. These two were fresh out of the paint-shop and just arrived at Spang, the week before.

Impossible to photograph as the light just fell in to them, no reflection whatsoever, it was as if someone had covered them in a green & grey suede carpet !!

h5a63fb7.jpg

...and if I built a model looking this 'flat' you can guarantee somebody would pop-up and say 'they were never like that...'

Ian.

...and if I built a model looking this 'flat' you can guarantee somebody would pop-up and say 'they were never like that...'

Ian.

And that would be the person who never seen a real aircraft. I remember how dead flat that paint job was. The old SEA, or the scheme right after it, with the three color top and white bottom on the B52, the white was gloss but the camo was not. When this (I think it was called Nato scheme) camo came out it was dead flat all over.

The Navy's TPS schemes are flat as well. Doesn't do any good to be shining like a mirror to the enemy.

I'd also reccommend True Details resin seats, they're excellent and really fill-out the pit. And when you're done with the decals can I buy the remainder of the sheet from you ?

Ian.

I'm leaning to an aircraft from George AFB honestly. One of my best friends was stationed there in the early 90's when they had the Rhino weasels. But yeah - the Euro Scheme Sprag Weasel would look nice next to its little brother on the shelf!

hbf97e46.jpg

I still need to figure out a plan for the aftermarket stuff....

Started a photo reference here

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/the-real-thing/152253-ygbsm-campaign-reference

Hey guys I'm not well versed on the subject. So I'm asking if you have campaign subject photos POST THEM :salute

Selfishly and ruthlessly pushing this back to the top of the pile. We've had some new folks join us since August when this was first put forward so this Campaign may be something that would be of interest...

...don't know until you try, right ?? :good:

Ian.

I am really looking forward to this one. Everything else will be pushed off the bench so I can focus! :yipee

Any idea for a start?

I think that's all depending on what's happening w/ the new group builds. Originally this wasn't going to start until after the impending forum update...but now that seems like it may not be happening as soon as it was originally planned. So I guess all I can say it stay tuned? :v

I was actually going to bump this once the new GB scheduling was going to get sorted...but Ian beat me to it! :drinks

Any idea for a start?

It's all tied-in with the update/migration of the site. That said there is nothing to stop a few of us getting together outside the formal 'Campaign' area and have a mini group build of our own - like the Daves have recently done. Not instead of the main Campaign, but as a sort of 'hors d'oevre' to whet the appetite.

What do you think ??

Ian.

I could be in. I've got plenty to choose from...the tough part is going to be choosing just one! :frantic

DSCF2147.JPG

Ideally for me would be sometime after I get the CTAIII & Galaxy builds done. Galaxy will be next after I get my CTAIII builds wrapped up.

Personally I think we should focus on CTA3 and keep up the good job of raising some money till Feb. (y) :soldier :eek:hyeah

Back