• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WW 1 Mark IV " Hermophrodite"

Track's on and small gun damage picked out and 6 pounder an Lewis gun barrels ready for buffable metal's.
I'm not going to do a great deal of weathering until I get the base sorted.
Was thinking about stowing some gear on top but both my favoured stores are out of stock and I'm not sure if they did carry much on deck apart from spare track gear.

h9f0aaeb.JPG

hce71464.JPG

h87f5bf6.JPG

Also "carpet monster no:2" paid a visit.As soon as I start lookin on the floor he joins in. :facepalm

h739eab8.JPG

Thanks for lookin Kurt.

Ha, great looking pup, he's just there to help. :mpup

I can't say I've seen photos of these things loaded down with troop stowage. I've seen a picture of one disarmed and had "Supply" painted on the side but still nothing on top. Must have been loaded down inside.

:popcorn

This build has stalled a little as I am still waiting on the trench kit and PE rifle strap's I ordered. Until I get them the base cannot be built :bang head :vmad

Well while at the model show a vendor had the trench kit I had on order elsewhere so I grabbed it so I could get the build back on track.

h7c3fdb4.JPG

The figures are multi piece but go together well with some careful gluing. The detail for a 35th scale figure is not bad and should paint up ok.

h466606a.JPG

h22c11e2.JPG

Trench part built.I have left it in two pieces for now to make painting the timber planks easier.
Nice sub-tile timber grain detail.

h9c57f3c.JPG

h4bfff80.JPG

The sprue of accoutrements is full of items,way more than what the men carry. Machine gun,shovels,axe,barb wire cutters,grenades and all sort's of little kit bag's very nice.

h9424149.JPG

h29324b9.JPG

h656c402.JPG

h4706417.JPG

hf0a7c60.JPG

hfa0085f.JPG

h5706f12.JPG

ha811acb.JPG

Not a great deal done just a little paint in the trench. I painted each plank individually with differing shades of brown,leather,canvas,flat earth and old wood some intermixed with each other.Totally randomness

hc3ca658.JPG

To start toning the wood down I used thinned down filters using translucent shades of Smoke,Nat wood and wood grain. Then I dry brushed Burnt umber to get the patchy look to it.

hc236764.JPG

ha6dccb5.JPG

Still got a lot to go :eek:ldguy

Back