• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP 5th New York Zoauve

Hi Jenny and Joe,
Thank you for your positive thoughts.
I will be doing something to the base very much along the lines that you both have suggested :)
Joe, the Jacket Blue is done totally in Vallejo/Andrea with a black and Oxford Blue base and then adding Sunny skin Tone to bring out the highlights and I will definately have a go at those Chevrons.

I discovered about the limitations of the base after I glued him to it :D oh well thats why were all here to learn from our mistakes.

Finally Joe I really take this a praise indeed as Im a big fan of your modeling skills and presentation

Andy

Hi all again Im back with some updated shots taking into account of some great comments from Jenny and Joe on how to improve this man so here we go,....

Updated base
img_0366_20100517_1762950442.jpg

img_0367_20100517_2003794622.jpg

The main feature: Ive repainted the chevrons and also added the gold inlay to the jacket details.

img_0369_20100517_2039507754.jpg

img_0375_20100517_1870701055.jpg

img_0373_20100517_1075502400.jpg

I Must say in my defence that my pictures are awful and it does look alot better in real life then I can portray on here ( thats my story and Im sticking to it :) )

Comments and critiques most welcome

Andy

Hi Andy
Looking really good it looks like it was a great fig to paing love the tones and blending of the read and blue realy nice pose putting some flowers sounds cool nice ironic touch i think war and all that goes with it and new life the poppys that grow near Hill 112 in Normanady always bring a lump to my throat.
Keep up the good work
Cheers Chris

Back