• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP 1/35th Bronco Staghound AA

I don't know what's more impressive, that Randy can make a 1:35th scale light bulb or hold it in tweezers.

Going back inside for the last time!!

The staghound has windscreens that can be popped on or off, The kit bits are good for the frames but the clear part is too thick and has the wiper cast in :angry:
Making some new things for the hump between the seats, the rack to hold the windows when not in use and a couple more small details to finish off the interior...

007-5.jpg

010-5.jpg

018-5.jpg

001-12.jpg

001-11.jpg

007-6.jpg

010-6.jpg

019-3.jpg

028-1.jpg

006-13.jpg

010-8.jpg

After many moons the top goes on and now working on the outside details.

This is the best part of the kit. They include everything and most of it is very fine castings that can be used as is. I did some work on the tools, removing cast on straps and holders and removing all the cast on strap brackets all over the hull. Did solder up a new cover for the air intake grills. Tried several times to build a new grill for this area but failed in both plastic and brass :angry: Finally opened up the cast on stuff. Did redo the doors a little and added a metal tow cable and a hook...

013-8.jpg

020-2.jpg

011-10.jpg

009-12.jpg

019-5.jpg

006-12.jpg

016-7.jpg

003-10.jpg

008-13.jpg

Going to detail one of the side storage compartments so opened that up and built up a jerry can holder.

009-11.jpg

031-1.jpg

008-12.jpg

026.jpg

Now working on some stowage and traps...

019-4.jpg

006-11.jpg

008-11.jpg

012-4.jpg

antenna gets a little work....

003-9.jpg

Another break

I Think I blewup my computer trying to upload all those photos!

Thank you to John@mlp@wds@ pete, glad you like it :)

Moon Puppy, the light bulb is a HO scale casting from GrantLine, but that is me picking it up!! course I dropped it on the concrete and saw that one again :(

Decided to model a car from the 12th Manitoba Dragoons in NWE. Supposedly they had five of these AA cars attached to the headquarter of the regiment. Ref. indicate that this Canadian car is plain O.D. green. I used the kit decals for the unit and formation signs and made the serial#'s and squadon markings from dry transfers and hand work...

029.jpg

027-1.jpg

014-5.jpg

010-7.jpg

027.jpg

025-1.jpg

002-14.jpg

016-6.jpg

009-10.jpg

015-7.jpg

016-5.jpg

020-1.jpg

I think it was about this time that a kind fellow named John pointed out that
I had put my car in the wrong corps. Turns out that Bronco"s decals were wrong :angry:

Will fix that, neede a tool box and tools to show some work being done...

041.jpg

044.jpg

040.jpg

042.jpg

045.jpg

049.jpg

034-1.jpg

031-2.jpg

Wanted to show some chains being put on, a trip to the local craft store produced some proper chains from the jewelery making department....

008-14.jpg

009-13.jpg

006-15.jpg

010-9.jpg

It is commonly held belief that these AA cars never really saw combat, mostly convoy guard duty and such. I will show it for now on a small dio base depicting the car pulled over in a clearing in the forest. Will have a small pond with a large "old growth tree" toppled over by wind or lightning and a couple of large fir trees ...

003-11.jpg

006-14.jpg

012-5.jpg

002-16.jpg

003-13.jpg

005-9.jpg

001-15.jpg

019-6.jpg

024-3.jpg

057.jpg

005-8.jpg

033-3.jpg

003-12.jpg

007-8.jpg

011-12.jpg

046.jpg

050.jpg

028-2.jpg

076.jpg

074.jpg

054.jpg

043.jpg

065.jpg

064.jpg

Going to add some figs from Alpine.....

036.jpg

059.jpg

062.jpg

028-3.jpg

038-1.jpg

063.jpg

058.jpg

That is where it stands today..need to paint the figs and am working on some puddles and mud tracks so those chains will get used.

As always please feel free to comment and thanks for looking in :)

I see you like to solder also. Really great stuff Randy. Shear pleasure watching looking at this. so what exactly are you mixing the Miracle Grow in the now never to be used again blender?

Wow !

So, whats your secret?

Do you live down wind from the nuculer power plant, and have 6 eyes and like 20 fingers or something ;) . Honestly, looking at this makes me want to just go back to building out of the box again as I know I will never even come close to something like this.

Just excellent.

Gary B)

Told y'all. B)

The tire chains were one of my favorite parts when I first saw this build on the big A. I though that I was the only one to notice that no aftermarket manufacturer has ever made accurate resin tires/tire chains (that I know of) All seem to use the same chain for the grip sections as the attachment sections. Looking at the snow chains for my tractor and any WWII photo, it's apparent that two distinct styles of chains were/are used.

Excellent eye for detail Randy, most impressive.

moon puppy wrote:
BTW, was that the Maxum gun mount like we have on the M16 Halftrack?

No, it is actually much closer to what one would find in the nose of a Lancaster. The Staghound used a Frazer-Nash turret, FN-82 IIRC.

Moon Puppy, that was never my wife's blender....at least she hadn't used it for awhile...really long while...you think the chicken manure in the potting mix will affect the flavor of frozen adult beverages?????

John, let me see what I can find in my pics on the tarp

Sherman 18, Thanks

Gary, Glad you like it

James, Thank you (whats the badger song?)

Hi Ken, thank you for the comments, it was frustrating looking for the right chains! the chains were doing great until I had the brilliant idea of dunking them in a blackening solution. The small wire that I used to hold everything together of course disolved completely long before any blackening happened :unsure: Thank you for the turret answer!

Randy

randy_ditton wrote:
Moon Puppy, that was never my wife's blender....at least she hadn't used it for awhile...really long while...you think the chicken manure in the potting mix will affect the flavor of frozen adult beverages?????

Depends on the Booze!

Really, what did you mix it with?

Hi Moon Puppy, That is straight potting soil mix,there's dirt,wood chips and chicken parts in there, use the blender to reduce the bigger wood chips and clumps down to scale. It is one of the best "forest ground covers" I have found. The organic stuff won't have any of those stupid foam pellets in it.

randy

Brilliant work Randy , just brilliant !!!!!

You've got to tell us what your eating , drinking or smoking , ......... cause your melon is an IBM modeling machine !!!

Thanks for all the tips , lots to learn and try out and most of your supplies are everyday items , very cool !!!

randy_ditton wrote:
<snip>

James, Thank you (whats the badger song?)

You asked :evil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

Laura, Jenny et al its not my fault. I guess I'll just wander off to my corner now.
James

Back