• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Winter is awesome

jknaus

Administrator
Not :sick:
First snow of the season in Calgary. None here yet, but it is going to the negative numbers next few nights. Raining and cold right now. James

I remember well, Second week of Sept 1983, Grand Forks ND getting hammered with snow and it didn't even slow the place down. If we had gotten hit like that down here it would have been a major disaster area. I remember crying about the guys back home still water skying.

So that means that you had almost 1 month without snow this year James! or? :zen :zen :zen

//Mats

The "forecast" for our area this winter mentions higher than avg snow fall and lower than average temperatures. I guess we'll see what actually happens.

Spoke too soon. Its snowing here now. At least its not like Calgary. 10 inches I heard.
Matts, I think we got in 2 months of no snow :rotf
James

I dont know Shawn You guys winters sound bloody COLD and LONG to me. BTW our summer just started and that means 8 months of sun and fun (Minus February - that is just a killer)

Apparently we don't have a long one here either Chris. SC roads might as well be dirt roads as rough as they are.

We are supposed to have the worst winter in 30 years... the sun is supposed to set next week and not be seen again until late May... Snow is predicted at 140" (3.6m to the rest of you). I know it isn't Flin Flon or Jasper, but D A M N, it is going to be shag nasty...

THIS is the reason smart people go to Florida and Texas in the winter...

Back