• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnuts Gotha

In the book I am following along in, the author used some of Bob's Buckles as guides for the control lines that run along the side of the aircraft. Tried it out and liked it.

Aw shucks guys, your making me blush. :blush:

I plan on getting much done this weekend. Hopefully with out trees, meteors, or planes finding my storage shed. :silly:

Thanks much again fellas.

Are you using the kit control horns? I would love to see someone come out with some nice brass ones as I don't think the kit ones are strong enough for the beating they may take over time.

Looks great so far. :popcorn

Are you using the kit control horns? I would love to see someone come out with some nice brass ones as I don't think the kit ones are strong enough for the beating they may take over time.

Looks great so far. :popcorn

Yes those are the kits, and very weak. Have already broke one when trying to install them. Brass would be a great improvement.

Did what I set out to do today, watch some college ball and work on Gotha.

Fuselage glued to lower wing section and outer wings glued in place. Installed turnbuckles into the lower wing.

I wish I could build that clean.

Superb work.

Oh, its not that clean. Ive got crap all in my paint. It's hard to keep something of this size totally lint free during the painting stages.

One of the biggest headaches so far is trying to keep the damn lint and fuzzys off of it while doing the gloss and matte coats.

Back