• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Which zimmerit for a Panther A

Gatto

Hi Guys

Can I ask for a little bit of wisdom please. I am starting to build a Dragon Panther A late production
kit No 6358 and I am find it a bit confusing as to what style of zimmerit to apply. Styles range from the verticle lines
as shown on the box art to the tile pattern.
I am leaning towards the verticle line pattern at the moment but any help will great.

Thanks Gatto

I have read that some A models did not have factory applied Zimm, would that mean they got it field applied?

The production dates for the A were August 1943 to June of 1944, zimmerit was discontinued in late 1944, so the D version had factory applied coatings. An order to field apply zimmerit to older versions came in November of 1943, so that would leave you open to interpretation. My advice is find a photo of one you like and proceed. (y)

Back