• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Where do you live ?

Born and raised in Crawfordville Indiana USA. Went to college in Texas and then to Memphis TN. I've lived in Indiana, Texas, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia, which is where I live now, on the edge of the Chickamuaga Chattanooga Civil War Battlefield in Ft. Oglethorpe GA.

Tim

Born in Ferntree Gully, Victoria, Australia.... Stop laughing, Ferntree Gully, is the name of a town! I wasn't really born in a gully...:laugh:

Spent most of my life growing up in a small town called Oakey in Queensland, where my father served in the Australian Army (Aviation).

Now living and working in Australia's national captial - Canberra.

John

There's some tools we can enable on the website that will map all our users who have their location entered, maybe we'll turn it on if there's enough interest.

That would be cool...I make a motion.

I second that motion!

The motion is carried....JAMES!!!!!!! :D

We'll figure it out and let everyone know when it's up and running.

Hey Tom, I spent 2 years in North Dakota...no you don't get use to it. Best you can hope for is get back to Sunny Southern California! I tucked my tail between my legs and got back south where I belong.

I was born and raised in Sheboygan Falls, WI which is a small town about an hour north of Milwaukee then down to Florida for a year then spent two years in northern Minnesota working in Voyageurs National Park and have spent the last 18 years living in Florida again, living and working on Sanibel Island and Fort Myers which are on the west coast of FL.

Tom

Hi all,

I was born in Munich, Bavaria (Germany) where grew up too. For university I went to Hamburg and now I live in a small village called Fuchstal, which is near Landsberg am Lech and about 50km west-south-west of Munich

The Ponderossa , .......... let's see if this works .

Ok , it links , ............. the bay is my playground !!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=31+barnegat+beach+drive+waretown+n.j.+08758&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=44.744674,78.662109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=31+Barnegat+Beach+Dr,+Waretown,+Ocean,+New+Jersey+08758&ll=39.782864,-74.197953&spn=0.000666,0.0012&t=h&z=20

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=31+barnegat+beach+drive+waretown+n.j.+08758&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=44.744674,78.662109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=31+Barnegat+Beach+Dr,+Waretown,+Ocean,+New+Jersey+08758&ll=39.768832,-74.150162&spn=0.085236,0.153637&t=h&z=13

Andy i know Badderly Green very well and that shows what a small world this is :laugh: and iam a proud Stokie even having my house painted in red and white (which probably wasnt the cleverest idea as i live in a big vale area :S )

I born in Opelousas, LA but the family moved to Sulphur, LA when I was 3. Still in Cajun country, Sulphur is about 40 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and 20 miles from Texas. Sulphur is where Herman Frasch created the modern technique for mining sulfur (the US screwed up the spelling of the mineral for the rest of the world).

Living this close to the Gulf of Mexico and in a river delta, seafood and great cajun cooking is a necessity of life.

Hurricanes are a way of life around here. Hurricane Rita made landfall here back in 2005. And no, we don't do hurricane parties. Those are for idiots.

home.jpg

I forth the motion for the map as well…

Seems like many of us stay in US….wow..too many there..
I live in Thailand in the capital city “Bangkok” but actually I born in the north of Thailand we call “Nakornsawan province” where far from Bangkok 200 km approx.

I never aboard just once and wanna attend the Medel Expo….!!!!

I live in Bangkok for 23 yrs now, I start 1st model for soft vinyl figure “The Predator” since 18 yrs ago. Then I didn’t make any model until late 2009 and start again with tanks, 1/16 figures and 2010 with Diorama which my most favorite one.

We live in Troy, Missouri, the furthest limits of the St. Louis, Missouri suburbs. Currently, we are in Kemah, (Gulf coast), Texas, where we go annually to get away from the cold, snow and ice. It's 72 here today, with an ice storm on the way another 8 inches of snow at home, our seventh major snow this year! As is a common phrase down here, my mama didn't raise no stupid children!: I'm too old to shovel driveways! :idonno :idonno
Bob
You can come to Thailand, here is much better for you if you want to get away from the cold there next time. I’m welcome for the guide for you….

I was born & raised in Richmond, V.A. I've traveled a little but basically stayed around here .... Nothing too exciting !!

ERIK

I live in THE NETHERLANDS in the province of Limburg,there is also a province of Limburg in BELGIUM,the 2 provinces are basicly devided by the river Maas[Meuse].
My residence is a small village called Koningsbosch.[translated in English something like Kingswood].:)

The place I live in was one of the several places were the BATTLE FOR THE ROER TRIANGLE in January 1945 took place.:eek:hmy:
Guess many of you never knew about Operation BLACKCOCK,
being it's official name.
If you want to know more about it just'google' BATTLE FOR THE ROER TRIANGLE.{there is also a great book about it by KEVIN CONNOR&HAR GOOTZEN}.

Greetings,Ron.

My first 17 years were spent in West Trenton, New Jersey- I finally managed to escape. A year in Boston, twenty in Durham/Chapel Hill/Hillsborough, North Carolina and the last ten here in Redondo Beach, California!

Born in London England and went to school during the "Blitz". Slept under the Kitchen table at night like a tent. (Very heavy table with tiger style legs). Joined the RAF and was posted by choice to Bellevue Nebraska in 1959. In Bellevue I met and married my wife "Maureen" who is also from England, Norfolk. "An Englishman can smell a good cup of tea a mile away". :laugh: :laugh: We have been married 51 years. Lived in Bellevue for 38 Years and moved to Indianapolis to be near our son who is now living in Texas. :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: My son got me the job in Indianapolis that we moved for.:D
Now we are trying to move to Texas but the Real Estate market is not co-operating.
John

"An Englishman can smell a good cup of tea a mile away"

You got that right mate :)

Im sad that you`re going to be moving away but also pleased for you at the same time :)

Wow Stug. Looked at google Images of Istanbul and it looks like a beautiful place.
James

Back