• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Where do you live ?

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Fernao`s recent post has got me think about where in the World we all live so I`ll start

I live in Schaumburg, Illinois, USA.

but I was born and bred in

Croydon, Surrey which is now part of South London, England UK.

Possibly a bit bif fun googling up these places so we know where we are :D

Next !

Well, as for me I live in Nevada, Iowa I grew up and lived for 35 years in the county of Schaumburg ( yes Andy you read right) in Germany.

A little Tidbit:

Schaumburg Il was founded from immigrants from Schaumburg, Germany and I think they still have a visit exchange every 2 years or so.

I'm originally from just outside Des Moines, Iowa USA and now I live in the geographical oddity that is Two Weeks From Everywhere, North Carolina! :D

Hey Andy,

I have been to Schaumburg dozens of times, does that count? WE attended the R.C.H.T.A. show every year for over 20 years. I believe it's now called Hobby Expo or something like that! WE have also been to Schaumburg Germany a couple of times

We live in Troy, Missouri, the furthest limits of the St. Louis, Missouri suburbs. Currently, we are in Kemah, (Gulf coast), Texas, where we go annually to get away from the cold, snow and ice. It's 72 here today, with an ice storm on the way another 8 inches of snow at home, our seventh major snow this year! As is a common phrase down here, my mama didn't raise no stupid children!: I'm too old to shovel driveways! :idonno :idonno

Bob

Little town called Greenwood South Carolina.

There's some tools we can enable on the website that will map all our users who have their location entered, maybe we'll turn it on if there's enough interest.

Hi everyone! I live in Herfelingen in Belgium since 7 months, Born in Sweden, but now i found my love and modeling partner here in Belgium :)

I am originally from Plattsburgh, NY where I grew up watching KC-135s and FB-111s fly over my house all the time... but I currently live in Stillwater, NY about a 5 minute drive away from the Saratoga battlefield where the famous American Revolutionary War battle took place...and 10 minutes from the other draw to the area- the Saratoga horse racing track...a reason to leave town every August ;)

Hey, Andy
As you know, I live just down the road a piece from you in Marengo, Illinois, which is just down the road a piece from Rockford, Illinois, where I lived during my formative years. I also spent three years in Lakeland, Florida, which is between Tampa and Orlando.
The IPMS Butch O'Hare show is held in Andy's new hometown of Schaumburg.
Peace and Love,
Randy

I grew up in Cape Town, Western Cape (when I was born it was just called the Cape Province), South Africa. Lived there for 31 years. In 2008 I emigrated to Australia. I now live in an outer suburb of Melbourne, Victoria... and, FWIW, about 1km from the beach :)

Born in New York City, raised in Brooklyn with long summers in Puerto Rico (Rincón mostly) and Eaton, Ohio. Traveled extensively (extensively is an understatement but must do). Moved out of New York City when the wife declared me to be a future father. Now live in the mountains of Airmont, NY.

Regards,

I was born in and live in Stoke on Trent which is in the county of Staffordshire in the Midlands of England,the area is known as the potteries because of all the pottery factories around here about Royal Doulton,Wedgewood,Moorcroft all within spitting distance.Our other claim to fame is its the birthplace of Reginald Mitchell the man who designed the Spitfire. :D

Well I was born in Clinton Missouri located in West Central Missouri in the foothills of the Ozarks. Grew up in Calhoun Missouri eleven miles away. Got married to a city girl and moved back to Clinton. My family has been in Henry county for over 150 years and that makes me a full blooded hillbilly and proud of it.

Terry B)

I third the motion of a map that would be great,...

Leopard, how strange that Schaumburg connection for us both, the area was indeed all German owned farms til the 1920`s

Hi Bob, yes you are indeed missing out on the shoveling as we`ve got a major storm brewing this week !
Hope you`re having a great time :)

Carabiner, Know it well my Brother used to live there in Baddersley Green are you a stockie or a vale fan ?

Saul, must be lovely living up in the Mountains ! B)

Randy, you are close, mate, its the MMSI Chicago figure show that`s in Schaumburg and the Butch Ohare show is in Downers Grove

Terry a real hillbilly wow :D

Jeeves please dont mention the revolution there`s, British people watching :woohoo:

Rudi wow now theres a immigration story better than mine :)

Bagge lovely place top live :)

Nice one Mike:)

NEXT !!

Born in Newark,New Jersey or as we Italian New Jersians pronounce it "Nork"
I have rented in Harrison,North Arlington,and Belleville,New Jersey
I have lived in Union NJ for last 13 years in my own home.

My goal is to retire to Northern California in 5 years ,Hopefully.

Well I was born & reared in a little town called Davis Wharf, Va. It's over on the coast about 1 1/2 drive to Va. Beach. Lived 6 years in Phenix City,, Al. Moved back to Va. Now I live in Winston-Salem, NC. Married a hillbilly gal from Tennessee, will retire there eventually.

Currently living just outside Cincinnati OH, but originally from southern California. So...these winters take a little getting used to.

Tom

Me, born and raised in Fall River, Ma.The home of Lizzy Borden, you know, the woman who hacked her father and step mother over a century ago. Graduated high school and joined the USMC and then Army, just to getaway from there. Lived in Germany for nearly 13 years and now reside in Swansea, Ma since moving back to the US 6 1/2 years ago.
Hoping to move to NM in the next few years, shoveling snow isn't fun anymore.:(

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Back