• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"We Want Our Mummy" Pt 2 Curly (Details posted)

"We Want Our Mummy" Pt 2 Curly (Update Mar 03)

Sending Painting & Modeling ..... :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen ..... your way Paul .... :eek:ldguy

"We Want Our Mummy" Pt 2 Curly (Update Mar 03)

Curly is done. Didn't quite go to the wire this time but close. Now I am freed up to do some much needed posting. Lots of pictures all over the place that need to be done up as well as Curly's build details. Enjoy!

Curly-08.jpg~original

Beer time! :drinks

"We Want Our Mummy" Pt 2 Curly (Finished)

Beautiful work.

Looking forward to the details.

Nuk - Nuk - Nuaa ..... Looks like Curly alright ...... Congrats Paul on the finish .... :eek:ldguy

What an amazing likeness! "Moe! Larry! The cheese!"

Wow, you really did a great job with that Paul! The torch looks really good too!

(y)

Think I'm suffering from 'Skills Envy' !! - Superb job, sir.

Ian.

Thanks everyone for all your wonderful and positive comments! Am off visiting family and PaulW for a few days so no photo posts on the kits till after I return. Then I have a ton of Stuff I need to work up. The Ju88 has been setting lax for far too long and I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be posted.

Going to have to be a 'puter :geek for a bit.

:D

As promised here are the details on finishing Curly. Went on a trip last weekend and the first part of the week so it put this off a few days, but here it is.

Curly-09.jpg~original

Curly-10.jpg~original

Curly-11.jpg~original

Curly-12.jpg~original

Curly-13.jpg~original

Curly-14.jpg~original

Curly-15.jpg~original

Curly-16.jpg~original

Curly-17.jpg~original

Curly-18.jpg~original

Curly-19.jpg~original

As you can see Moe is at least part way assembled and on the way for completion. While his hat doesn't set right, he has very few issues like Curly had.

Thanks James and Ron! Much appreciated! I think I said earlier that while the kits are fairly simple, it is the paintwork that will make or break them. Still not sure about the flames on the torches, but that is more the shapes than the paint. I am thinking about maybe cutting it off and using this for both Moe and Curly's torches.

ACFX055SmokeFlamePlume-228x228.jpg

Armorcast makes all kind of little cinematic effect add-ons for miniatures.

Back