• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vortex paint mixer

rob hart

Does anybody own one of these? If so, do they recommend? Is there a specific model or specific features to look for?

If it is one of the shaker types, Robart I believe makes one, steer clear of the one that runs on batteries. Get the one that has an AC plug in.

Otherwise I am not familiar with a Vortex paint mixer.

I had one but it was marketed as a margarita mixer. 🍹
I tired it once and it was like a blender with the lid off. Might not be the same contraption you're asking about.

A friend of mine has one, LOVES it. It's a refurbished laboratory model that a gent on Ebay sells. It's a little spendy at more than $100, but if you use a lot of the squeeze bottle acrylics, it's a time saver.

This is the one he has.

I thought I posted something here in the past couple of years about vortex mixers but
I cant find it. So maybe this video will answer some questions.
James

Thanks, I think one may be a good investment for mixing paints in the squeeze dropper bottles that you can't get a cocktail stirrer in.

Back