• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vichy Dewoitine D.520 1/72-Capt. Le Gloan - DONE!

Vichy Dewoitine D.520 1/72 - Capt. Le Gloan

Thank you guys for all the Support. It is indeed a lot of Details but that is what makes it SO MUCH FUN!

Believe it or not, everything fit. There were a few adjustments here and there, some putty was required but Overall much less than I had feared. This Little bird is ready now to get some colour on.

Nice Weekend everyone!

Cheers

Alex

Preliminary assembly:

h0b0376e.JPG

h7d00df5.JPG

hf07abdc.JPG

haae5896.JPG

ha1e231a.JPG

h4768736.JPG

h0967917.JPG

Final assembly:

he467c48.JPG

h0837836.JPG

h2e5f521.JPG

ha0f7e99.JPG

h57bfce1.JPG

Thanks Bob.

The paint is on, just one more coat on the underside needed. I am happy with the result so far. :ro:

Now it will sit a few hours and maybe I can start with the decals.

For the Diorama I am including a Pilot and 2 mechanics from the CMK resin set.

Cheers

Alex

hfc0254c.JPG

h1b60a89.JPG

hce91447.JPG

h008462a.JPG

hecb3b35.JPG

hc8c9f45.JPG

hc792ba3.JPG

Thanks Bob. Something new I am trying. It should mimic the effect of the airbrush when brush painting. Just an idea, will work on that! :coolio

What type of paint are you using Alex? I am a little curious. I know that if you use something like Vallejo it is possible to really thin the paints a lot and hand paint in many thin layers. This does 2 things, gets rid of the thick brush strokes and at color lines allows blending between the colors.

And I was missing this my friend!...looking very fine...like the details!

Noto uma melhora em seus trabalhos!

Grande abraço!

Luiz.

Many thanks dear friends.

Paul for this one I am using the life color French acrylic series. I am diluting them as much as possible, the thing is they have different consistencies. The Vert requires 5-6 coats while the Gris Blau only 1 or 2.
I have tried the Vallejo but they were simply too inconsistent on the models.
I still need to adjust it a lot more to get a smooth finish.
Let’s see with the gloss coat and decals, and then the weathering.

Luiz muito obrigado querido amigo vindo de um mestre como tu um elogio tem um peso muito especial!

Cheers

Alex

Just sent you an email with some info .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks master. Your tips are very good, I will answer them later. Most are factual, some I don't think can be applied to the lifecolor series.

In any case I was able to "smooth" the painting and add the decals. Now it is on to weathering and finishing touches before the Deadline.

Cheers

Alex

h4bb7dac.JPG

h571f114.JPG

hf89ae8e.JPG

h5b05a25.JPG

h91160ee.JPG

h2b609b0.JPG

Nice!....cuidado com a data de prontificação :dance

Regards!

Luiz.

Hi Folks

I am done! Deadline has been respected (almost like when I am submitting a Research grant...)

I am very happy on how it turned out. The weathering was not much (IMHO) and accentuated the Little bird well.

First series is still with a fresh gloss coat (blue base) and the second one after drying (gray base).

I will take some pics on a nice Diorama base and post it later in the ready models section.

Thanks for watching and for all your tips! Much appreciated!

Cheers

Alex

hf33ff22.JPG

h8de89db.JPG

h4267bf3.JPG

h9f23f40.JPG

h3ed24b6.JPG

h9a6a54c.JPG

h03e450e.JPG

hb10673c.JPG

h24c92c6.JPG

hd98bae2.JPG

h844d715.JPG

h7813504.JPG

Wow! Sensational work Alex! This is even better than the one I did. Way to go man! Congrats on making the deadline.

Back