• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USAF NMF

:unsure: Ahem well - Just a quick idea of course (I'm sure the 'Professional' can come up with better :D ) -
USAFNMF3.jpg
I like Chefs one

I'll second that.

A thought occurred to me - don't be put off from joining this GB cos you may think you have to use Alclad or some other nonsense - I won't be. You can get very good results with Humbrol or Tamiya silver spray acrylic rattle cans amongst other alternatives. :zen

Mr Metal Color is another alternative for nmf, same brand I used on the B25 j gun nose for the CTA build

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/call-to-arms/128137-cta-entry-phil-revell-b-25j-gun-nose-done?start=60

you need to let it dry for for a real good while and after polishing seal it with model masters Sealer for Metalizer #1409 AB straight from bottle

will be doing the F86 same way.

Let's make this campaign cover any natural metal aircraft. Just in case someone wants to do a Bolivian P-51.

Terry :D

Ok, I'm in on this one. Still in w/ an F-86F, but it dawned on me this afternoon that I have an Academy 1/48 F-86F "Mig Killer" kit in my stash w/ a set of Microscale decals.

This is the kit.

000000009493.jpg

And this is the decal sheet. Sheet does a QF-86F in the US Army and An F-85F in the USAF. I'll do the bird in the USAF. Its the one w/ the large colored stripes on it.

ss48115.jpg

ss48115a.jpg

Here's a picture I found of this set of decals used, I really like how it looks.

f86pl_16.jpg

So thankfully I dont have to buy a kit for this build. I still plan on doing the 1/32 F-86F Minute Men bird, but I'll wait till I get it figured out whether I can get decals or if most of it will have to be painted.

Yep that's the one. Great little kit, I've done two, yet to finish one

same kit I'm guessing - with dif decals,

DSC_8569A.jpg

has always intrigued me why box art shows drop tanks still on the aircraft when in a dogfight..........

And we're fired up with a Forum.

We have a start date of Oct 21 set. Will run a year.

And you know i'm in! :pilot

Back