• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

US Navy seals - No victory without pain - page 4

US Marines back from action

Think these guys would like to take a shower and have some clean clothes,
well done Johanna! (y) :notworthy

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks all! They had a hard battle and are happy to walk to there base, but still a long way to go ;)

Hello,

Some progress, I goes very slow, I can work just a little bit on the growing rainforst as base for the figures.
The trees are handmade and the rest is from Mininatur, Green Line and some home made plants.

026-Regenwoud.jpg

025-Regenwoud.jpg

027-Regenwoud.jpg

Tille next time.
Grtz

Hello,

Some progress, I goes very slow, I can work just a little bit on the growing rainforst as base for the figures.
The trees are handmade and the rest is from Mininatur, Green Line and some home made plants.

026-Regenwoud.jpg

025-Regenwoud.jpg

027-Regenwoud.jpg

Tille next time.
Grtz

Slow progress is progress anyway.

Very well done, looks thick, hot and steamy. :soldier

Slow progress is good progress! your attention to detail is superb, this is seriously great work !!

This will come alive with the figures added.(y)

Hi,

So I'm back after a difficult period and in that time my computer decided not to start again so I had to buy a new one and finally everything is running and I have time to sit at the workbench.

With this project something went wrong. The water I put on was Vallejo Still Water, I had worked before with this product and that was no problem but with the figures fit on the base and the first layer of Still Water some strange process started and destroyed the resin figures. I felt very sad because I was very proud about the painting and the figures are not cheap.
I have cleaned the bases but the figures are not ok anymore and I have put them away and I will ask a club member if he can help out sometime.
Thanks for all your interest and nice comments.
Johanna

How were the figures effected Jogy?

You think there's no way of saving them?

That yanks the rag right off the bush :(

Tony lee

The water I put on was Vallejo Still Water, I had worked before with this product and that was no problem but with the figures fit on the base and the first layer of Still Water some strange process started and DESTROYED the RESIN figures. I felt very sad because I was very proud about the painting and the figures are not cheap.

Very sorry to hear this Johanna,especially because it DID look great!

People take notice of this.There is a lesson to be learned here!!!

{thanks for the heads up,Johanna}

Greetings,Ron.

Hello,

Tony, some of the resin has melt and it's a sticky mess, but I have put them away and will try to save what I can save and I think that some of the figures will be back sometime and the one who are most destroyed are replaced by a gift.

I have asked several people what I did wrong. I had worked before with this material and the way I use it, was ok. I put a thin layer on a base, let it dray for more then 24 hours and then a second thin layer. What some people think is that it had something to do with the temperature. I was very hot in the summer and that could have me the reason that Still Water reacted with the resin. Not all the resin is the same and some resin react very vast on temperature changes, also when you put it in water.
The base it still the way it was on the last pictures and I can it also use for a Vietnam project. But I have made no decision and have started some other projects.

Ron, with the extra information it's a good lesson first to test and not thinking that experience is enough ;)
Johanna

This is a shame Jogy, Hate to read this. You think it was a chemical reaction with the products or just heat the factor?

This is a shame Jogy, Hate to read this. You think it was a chemical reaction with the products or just heat the factor?

What I have understand from different persons is that is was to hot and that the Stil Water didn't dry but reacted with the paint and resin. But how it works, I have no idea. But for a next time I will use a other product.

Sometimes things go wrong, we can always show our best results but we learn from the mistakes ....

Johanna, so very sorry to hear this. Those were beautiful figures. Could you maybe put plaster down and set the figures in, then coat the top with white glue to give a nice smooth surface. Then paint so it looks brackish and dirty? That way the damaged parts wont be seen, yet your figures will still be visible and that wonderful diorama completed? Just a thought.
James

Back