• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Under New Management - Finished!

wds

I started this one under “Second Chance” in 2013 for 2012 Campaign “Under New Management”.
So one more time. And this time I mean it. :angry: :laugh:

Here is the link to the original thread:
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/second-chance/147565-tamiya-b1-bis-under-new-management-decals-misc

I put some pinwashes and oil effects on her. I need to get some pigments on the tracks and the lower hull, and it should be a wrap.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Char_1.jpg

Under New Management - again.

it's made it's rounds ain't it? Not sure which ribbon you're going for at this point but let's git'er done Bill. :soldier

Under New Management - again.

it's made it's rounds ain't it? Not sure which ribbon you're going for at this point but let's git'er done Bill. :soldier

Bob, That would be that festive "Under New Management" one, unless there is a Deja Vu all over again, again ribbon. ? :laugh:

Let’s call this finished.
The pigments are Mig products “europe Dust-P028” and “Gulf War Sand-P037” mixed to a slurry with “odorless mineral spirit” from the hardware store. It was brushed on the tracks and on the hull under the tracks and left overnight to dry. The thinner did not “set” the pigments, so I could touch it up and wipe it off the tracks where the tracks hit the ground. I mixed up some Valejo flat varnish and Tamiya acrylic thinner and airbrushed that on the model to set the pigments with good (IMHO) effect. The pigments did not disappear (melt in or away) or permanently darken.

Overall a very good kit. I would like to do another in French livery someday.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Bis_Final_1.jpg

Bis_Final_2.jpg

Bis_Final_3.jpg

Bis_Final_5.jpg

Bis_Final_6.jpg

:frantic "NEXT"

Thanks Sherm!
Thanks James!
And thank you Bob, for hooking me up with the ribbon. Good show!

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Warren!
Thanks Dave (Happy spring time to you)!
Thanks Luiz. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Bill :soldier

Back