• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Type 60 106 mm.Finished.

The Zod

Hello everyone.
After getting knocked down some last month,I am back. It was nightmare away from home. Thankfully,it did not involve a hospital. Just a string of bad luck that hit me hard,so I was off work for awhile. I hate the DMV. :bat :bang head

Anyway. This is what I am working on. A Fine Molds Type 60. The Type 60 was an APC that the Japanese used. This version is armed with two 106 mm recoilless rifles. This kit tested my patience some.

h362eaed.JPG

h623eb4c.JPG

ha7239d7.JPG

h82ff8d5.JPG

Type 60 106 mm.

Thanks Chris and Bob. :)

I may use a black wash with some light brown added. :idonno

Type 60 106 mm.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Latest work.

ha646402.JPG

he26c08b.JPG

h0fa1ec8.JPG

h945bfea.JPG

My washes and road wheel painting is getting a little better.

Type 60 106 mm.4/11/17

I have never seen that AFV before. Is it manufactured in Japan, or bought elsewhere for the JDF?

Nice job in any event!

(y) (y) (y)

Bob

Type 60 106 mm.Can't get rid of the shine.

Earlier today.I sprayed another matte clear coat onto it. I used Vallejo. I mixed it at a 50/50 ratio. I did not spray it on heavy. For whatever reason,I just can't get a good true matte finish on it. :bang head
hcadbefe.JPG

h5bf122f.JPG

Testors Dullcote. Stinky but effective.

Dullcote won't do anything to acrylics except produce a flat finish. If you're airbrushing it, thin with garden variety lacquer thinner, it will dry in a flash and doesn't take much to kill the shine. They make a spray bomb, I haven't used that in years, but I suspect it's about as effective even if it is harder to control.

Dullcote won't do anything to acrylics except produce a flat finish. If you're airbrushing it, thin with garden variety lacquer thinner, it will dry in a flash and doesn't take much to kill the shine. They make a spray bomb, I haven't used that in years, but I suspect it's about as effective even if it is harder to control.

I may do an experiment with that stuff. When I get to AMPS show,I am going to ask the Vallejo people there what I am doing wrong.

Finished this a little while ago. I am going no further with the weathering, Some mistakes were made along the way, but I think I saved it. I messed up in the Tamiya buff/thinner ratio,as I added too much buff. I was never able to get that Vallejo matte coat to actually be matte. :bang head

So,I took a few drops of the base color, and added some thinner. and misted that on. At least my photos look better. :)
h93b6a84.JPG

h7603dde.JPG

h9aae2c4.JPG

h50825de.JPG

h1fe0fff.JPG

Back