• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter 1/35 Pz 38(t) Ausf. E/F

Leopard2

I got this kit of Squadron's Mystery Deal. Initially I intended it as a present for our club's gift exchange but after taking a peek inside the box I decided to keep it for myself :blush: . I started the kit yesterday and it goes together very nicely. I don't really have any complaints about it. It is a quick and easy build and way less complicated than the Dragon kit, granted that it does not have an interior.

I forgot there is one thing that irks me and that is that the 2 MG are very loose and I probably end up gluing them into position.

Joe

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

Very nice Joe, yeah the moving parts are neat for a little bit but it's not like we're building toys. OK we are but you know what I mean...:rotf

I've always liked the look of that tank. I was going to pick that same kit up from the mystery sale but found the Tristar version on ebay for about the same price.

I've always liked the look of that tank. I was going to pick that same kit up from the mystery sale but found the Tristar version on ebay for about the same price.

A member in our club build the Tristar Marder. Very beautiful kit and very challenging with all the PE.

A member in our club build the Tristar Marder. Very beautiful kit and very challenging with all the PE.

I have that same kit and it is going to be quite some time before I tackle that one. So how are you liking this one so far?

I do like it so far. Its all build up now and ready for paint. All goes to together pretty good with the exception maybe of the upper hull part which is just a hair to short but other than that no issues. Detail is good. The tracks are link and length. The PE is a bit thicker than the Dragon PE and therefore easier to work with. There only some visible ejector marks on the underside of the fenders that need some filling and sanding. I can only recommend this kit if you want something quick and dirty.

Joe

Last night I fired up the AB and got some paint on. I saw that I need to shoot another coat which I will do tomorrow. After that it will be on to do the tracks and the small stuff. Should have her done before christmas.

Joe

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

I got a little bit further along. I tried my luck with post shading the the center of panels and also got the wheels stuck on. Next step will be the tracks and after that the usual finishing steps. Thx or looking.

joe

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

Back