• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

top sandwich

I have just taken a break from my L.R.D.G and partaken of my favourite sandwich B.L.T crispy bacon and fresh tomato and lettuce on brown bread with loads of mayo :woohoo:and i was wondering whats the top sarnie with the rest of you out there :D

Linguiça or chouriço and peppers on home made focaccia bread.

I was brought up by a Portuguese mom who grew up in an Italian neighborhood.

:D

Either ham and swiss cheese,or roast beef and swiss cheese,with some pepperoni added,on either rye,or pumpernickel bread.

Depends on the day of the week...

Yesterday was Polish bacon, light on spicy brown mustard, some capers, romaine lettuce, beefsteak tomatoes, roasted peppers (yellow/green/red and one Habanero for kicks), on an Italian Herbs & Cheese loaf toasted.

Today was a classic Ruben sandwich from a great Jewish deli...

no idea what tomorrow brings. Other than Chicken and Tuna salads, my sandwiches MUST be hot and toasty.

Regards,

jenny croft wrote:
Vegemite , half an inch thick , black as axle grease .

Probably as tasty too!

Just had (thanks to your prompting my appetite) a savory chicken breast with mayonnaise (one made using olive oil), romaine lettuce, beefsteak tomato, capers and black olives, red onion rings on a slice of toasted olive loaf. Before toasting, the olive loaf was lightly drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.

Nice and crispy!

Peanut butter and cheddar cheese on Texas slice white bread.

As for Vegemite, yuck. Sorry Jenny but I had some while in RAAF Amberly and it was stomach turning. I think I ate chili for breakfast every morning. But there was an incredible Roast Beef Sandwich on Kaiser bun with beets at the NAAFI<sp ??> I hated beets but forgot to have them removed, first bite and pure heaven. I miss Australia soo much, XXXX beer, Koalas and good friends.
James

Hi there.

My favorite sandwich varies. Sometimes I like a Nuclear Submarine Sandwich. That's Submarine Sandwich with *LOTS* of hot peppers.

Cheers from Peter

Homemade humous (1/2" thick), tomatoes and sprouts on toast.

Sometimes we fire up the BBQ at work for lunch and I'll make a sandwich with steak, goat cheese and avocado. :woohoo:

The Vegemite actually sounds good, I like miso and nutritional yeast, I'll have to get my Aussie buddy to bring some vegemite in for the next BBQ.

Ted wrote:
The Vegemite actually sounds good,

I guess whoever prepared it for me wanted me not to like it. I won't mention the blaring effect it has on me so the long ride in the outback was like a Landrover full of didjeridoo players not in synch.

Regards,

sharkmouth wrote:
Ted wrote:
The Vegemite actually sounds good,

I guess whoever prepared it for me wanted me not to like it. I won't mention the blaring effect it has on me so the long ride in the outback was like a Landrover full of didjeridoo players not in synch.

Regards,

CRIKEY !!!! :eek:hmy:

Jenny :kiss:

Today it was pulled pork BBQ on a kaiser bun with homemade cole slaw and baked beans. Topped off with a cold,frosty beverage! :woohoo:

jenny croft wrote:

Sorry Jenny,
It is an acquired taste the you have to have had as a child
(when your taste buds don't know any better) :S :( ;)
I guess I tried it way too late, because it really didn't do anything
for me. But you go right on and enjoy it. :blink :unsure:

I'm a strictly meat and potatoes kinda guy myself.

Vegetarian - Eskimo for poor hunter. :evil: :laugh: :lol: :eek:hmy:

Burger and Fries works for me.

Shawn

mike walsh wrote:
jenny croft wrote:

And don't forget some thin slices of cheese .
Its an aquired taste :pinch:

:laugh: :)

Oh yeah but only in moderation , the saltiness of the cheese contrasts with the sweetness of the vegemite ;) .

Back