• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Too many choices !!

ij001

h9da57d3.jpg

h02fb249.jpg

h1b01ef9.jpg

h688f405.jpg

ha8ce7c6_2015-04-29.jpg

h70c8f08.jpg

h0bced99_2015-04-29.jpg

All in the stash, or at least on the way, and all very, very do-able !!, :idonno Too hard to make a decision !!

Ian.

You've got a good eye, Luiz, the hardest thing to do with the Dupont Monte Carlo is find the kit... the 1995 version isn't too easy to get-a-hold of, especially the AMT kit which I'd prefer to build.

:bang head

Ian.

Let Me check the Hobby Shops stash Ian ....... I may have one lurking on the bottom shelf ..... I think I have two of Skippy's Cars ......

I do believe there is going to be a NASCAR in your future :drinks

Not sure which year the one I remember has the silver DuPont finish ..... not even sure which year ..... I think they are around D.J.'s season win ..... 1997 I believe ..... the silver already has the paint job ..... but you can paint it again ...... :eek:ldguy

Let Me check the Hobby Shops stash Ian ....... I may have one lurking on the bottom shelf ..... I think I have two of Skippy's Cars ......

Thanks, that's really appreciated. The AMT kit of the 1995/97 bodied MC was issued three times as far as I recall with #24 Dupont, #5 Kelloggs and #17 Western Auto decals. The Monogram 95/99 'Round Side' kit was issued so many times it makes your head spin, so if you find these boxings:

h9f605b5.jpg

h9548233.jpg

Then that would be just fantastic, however, I'll be happy with whatever you can scare-up. So once again, sincere thanks for your help.

Ian.

Jeff Gordon has run a couple of different silver finish cars.

First was in 2000 for the Dayona 500, the "Nascar 2000" car.

0024day.jpg

The second was the "Century of Flight" car, commemorating Orville & Wilbur Wright's first flight at Kittyhawk. Car was run in the All Star Race in Charlotte, in 2003

GordonWrightWinston.jpg

Both cars have decals that were produced by Slixx. I built the CoF car a few years ago, and I have the decals for the Nascar 2000 car, but have yet to build it.

I do believe there is going to be a NASCAR in your future :drinks

Not sure which year the one I remember has the silver DuPont finish ..... not even sure which year ..... I think they are around D.J.'s season win ..... 1997 I believe ..... the silver already has the paint job ..... but you can paint it again ...... :eek:ldguy

:) ... Greetings ... :) :
Nice build off, as you can see the inspirations and motivations rises.
The most important thing in modeling is ... FUN.
Now ... that being said with all due respect.
The "NASCAR 2000 " car which Jeff Gordon drove for the 2000 DAYTONA 500 was not silver, true it looks silver.
The color is " MILLENIUM BLUE ", the important fact is that the color has a very light HUE of BLUE , very light. It can still be observed in the pictures posted.
It was made by DUPONT as a way too celebrate the new millennium, it was very limited.
I made this model years ago, I believe after the 2000 season ended in November.

Very nice event here, I will be following ... :) .

Instead of following, why not join and earn a campaign ribbon. I bet you got something in your stash that'll fit.

(y)

:) ... Greetings ... :) :
As I understand the principals for this event. I see that a kit ( in relationship with racing ) has to be built, more so for the ending month of the event. Ian was friendly and kind enough to contact me ( even after my short time of not logging in here) and informing me of this activity and even extending me an invitation too such event. As I have told him, I am in the process of unpacking and doing all that is involved in moving in to a brand new home. I really can't sit down and build a model ( at least not yet ).
As I write this, I have no project, all my paints and tools are still unpacked. My model room ( not the one I have in mind ) will be finished this week hopefully.
That is why I state that I would follow. Please ... any of you, feel free to contact me if you would like.
You can contact me via :
E-MAIL : de3freak@yahoo.com
YAHOO! MESSENGER : de3freak

Take care ... :) .

Back