• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tony Lee's Ugly Duckling (Bison II)

Tony lee

Master at Arms
gallery_377_52_8721.jpg

12 were built and sent to North Africa to take part in the attack on Tobruk.
It had a fine gun but the engine and transfer case left a lot to be desired. The engine would over heat after about fifteen minutes of operation even on the open road and the bearing and gears in the tranfer case being over loaded would break down frequently.

No extra parts were sent with the units so there were six kept at the repair depot just for parts to keep the other six running.:eek:hmy:
There seems to be some doubt as to weather any made it into combat because of mechanical problems and if they did they surely would have been towed there.:hmmm

This kit is by "ARK" using the old "Alan" molds and will build into a nice model but from what i've read it needs a lot of TLC.:blink

Cleaning parts and coming up with a plan of attack:
100_0919.jpg

See Ya Later
Tony lee:)

Hey, the kit doesn't come with any tan parts! Did you order a Tamiya sprue from Rainbow 10?

Regards,

I've got all kinds of colors: Dragon Grey,Tamiya Tan,Tiger Models Cream.Eduard PE Silver,Friulmodel Silver
and Evergreen White:laugh:
The Tamiya and Tiger Models colors were a donation from a very kind person.(y)

I told you this was going to be a fun project.:gogo

Right back again:Hiay
Since i'm going to use Eduard PE all the molded on stuff has to go.
100_0920.jpg

100_0921.jpg

Suspension fitted and the tracks are ready to be fitted when I get a couple of drill bits to drill out
the Tamiya wheels to fit the kit axles.
100_0922.jpg

See Ya Later,take care.

No I did them while watching the Duke play "Big Jake" and end the range war in "El Dorado":D

Tony lee :)

I just discovered Magic Traks in my 8 ton halftrack...might need that multitasking skill myself.

Great start Tony.

Fast work Tony!! You're gonna be done before I can open the box on mine.

Terry ;)

Hey "T" all it takes is a 16 hr.day.:lol:

Worked in the yard all day yesterday,raking leaves,picking up the winter debris and mowing grass
makes for a light workday today.:( My back feels like it's broke.

Bent some PE,filled sink holes and cleaned some more parts.
100_0923.jpg

Wonder if I can talk the wife into rubbing my back,YEAH RIGHT :huh:

Funny, I got a yard guy and I still had to weed eat and clean out the flowerbeds..what's up with that?

Nice start Tony, how do you like the Eduard's PE?

In no way is that ugly

Ive loved those Bisons ever since I saw Tony Greenland`s in the flesh once (y)

I mean the Bison I saw in the flesh, oh you know what I mean ! :blush:

I don't think i've seen Greenlands Bison Andy???
The Eduard PE other than being plated or is it white brass :idonno is about the same as any other to me.

Maybe my ugly duckling will follow the story line and turn out to be a swan after all. :D

yeah I don't get the plating on it, you can scrub it down and get to brass but whatever they have it plated in keeps us from soldering it. Which really bums me out.

Back