• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TOMAHAWK (FROM SCI-FI SHOWDOWN)

Re: TOMAHAWK "PAINT"

Looks great T

Wonder how well that Burnt Siena wash will work on the lighter color of my SAS jeep :hmmm
:popcorn

Re: TOMAHAWK "PAINT"

Looks great T

Wonder how well that Burnt Siena wash will work on the lighter color of my SAS jeep :hmmm
:popcorn

Thanks Dave!

Well adding the wash will tone it down and add a different tint to the model. Give it some depth.

Terry B)

Re: TOMAHAWK "MORE PAINT"

Ok last night I added some more highlights and did some detail painting. After that I gave to whole thing a oil wash of olive green. This morning I made the search light lens out of one minute epoxy. The plan for today is to coat with future and then add decals. Then guess what more weathering. Here are some update pictures and thanks for looking.

Terry B)

DSC07826.JPG

DSC07827.JPG

DSC07828.JPG

DSC07829.JPG

DSC07830.JPG

DSC07832.JPG

B)

Re: TOMAHAWK "PUTTING ON THE STICKERS"

I started putting on the decals last night. Not finished yet, but well underway.

Terry B)

DSC07834.JPG

DSC07835.JPG

B)

Wonder what would be more terrifying, the big gun or the happy face on a homicidal robot??
James

Wonder what would be more terrifying, the big gun or the happy face on a homicidal robot??
James

I think seeing something walking toward you that is 30 to 40 meters tall would make me run. :laugh:

Terry :eek:hmy:

Re: TOMAHAWK "MR. CHIPS"

The decals are all on the torso.

DSC07840.JPG

DSC07841.JPG

Next I have done some paint chipping. Well not some. A lot!! I want to make a mech that has seen a lot of action. I have chipped the hell out it. After the chipping I went over the whole thing with a black oil pin wash to bring out the details.

DSC07842.JPG

DSC07843.JPG

DSC07844.JPG

DSC07845.JPG

DSC07846.JPG

DSC07847.JPG

Next will come rust and rain streaks.

Terry B)

Back