• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Through! 1/35 scale

num2010

Hi all,

I didn't post any forum here since a couple months I think.

Today I would like to update you guys here for the diorama base I make for my customer.
Actually this diorama finished 90% progress but I'd just post it here to let you see and hope you enjoy.

My customer brought figures and tank to me with all them painted. He need me to build destroyed diorama base from the tank with the crews hit the building wall.

So, let's see one by one.
1st part(30% completed)
The plaster of Paris was using for this project. The casting plaster 0.8 mm thickness.
I used the cutter at its 2 sides, front/back side, upper side then I started craft the brick as real as possible.

Waiting for plaster is set for 2 hrs. then craft

Measure the size of craking mark on the building wall

Made the hole on the plaster plate to be the windows

Craft on the floor and glue them together all wall sides, fill the tiny hole/space by sticky plaster mix.

Take piece of set plaster on the floor. Spray them all black for color black ground.

Any comment, please feel free. Thank you.
I will try to upload again soon.

OK..I back again for the update.

This post is the 2nd day I did this base which completed 50% progress by painted the building steps.

I sprayed the background all them black then used yellow + brown + white gentle brushed on the ground work for the base.

Inside the buidling wall, 90% white mix with 10% black brush all over.

The window edge using poly foam cut them curve/layer, glue them on the edge.

The color of bricks, sprayed them all black as well then brushed with mix yellow + brown.

The crash at the building made tools engraved the wall.

Almost complete!!!

Final step building making, used white (Tamiya) brush them all over then wipe off by the solvent. (In case if some of you may like black between bricks, this step shall be skip)

Enough now for today update. Again, I really need to see your comment/feedback very appreciate to make me more improve better and better.
Hope you enjoy. Thank you very much.

Looking great , keep updating . A great dvd to get is "Expert Model Craft Realistic Model Buildings" lots of tips , tricks and shortcuts I got a copy very helpful. Keep up the great work.

Jez

Thanks, Tom.
Jez, thanks a lot to shared the DVD info, is this one you mentioned?
4.jpg

I think this is cool stuff for techniques can be apply for us. This make me wanna have it.

Let’s back to the building progress, this time was 70% completed mostly about the building and bricks positioning in front and at be hide the building.

This one was set buy was putting a big piece of destroyed wall which will be under the tank when the tank is passing.

I used mix glue/water 70/30 drop on the ground works purpose to fit all pieces.

Now each side view.

Back side, put a case which made from polyfoam. Pipe made from plastic which hold our models (I don’t know what can I call.)

Thanks for visit. Welcome for comment.

This post update @90% progress with below details:-

Paint the building, wooden door, cross at 2nd fl. (made from clay)

Pieces of destroyed brick wall on the ground (at the back of diorama) overall them satisfied by my customer.

The destroyed wall at front seems to be big!! (This I will consider again what shall I do.)

Bench with pieces of bricks over, but not much.

Overall, too much red/orange tone but they satisfied me.

It’s too big !!! The destroyed brick wall at front underneath the tank. These will be break them all more smaller.

Overall

Thanks for visit and comments are welcome.

Next time will be make more improvement for:-
1. Destroyed wall brick at front shall be remake in smaller.
2. Lots of pieces of brick shall be on the tank.
3. Poster will be put on the wall (requested by the customer) and together with the sign drop down on the floor.
4. Figures and tank positioning

Hey thats very nice it reminds me of a classic diorama from way back but I cant remember who done it B)

Yes I can it was one of the Masters Shepard Paine ( I thought to myself which book have I seen that in ) and then the clogs started moving ever so slowly,....:blink

Hi Andy, thanks.
Someone told as what you mentioned.
He is a great modeler.
http://sheperdpaine.com/Monogram_Brumbaer.jpg
The customer took this picture to me to build similar his dio.

Hi Andy, thanks.
Someone told as what you mentioned.
He is a great modeler.
http://sheperdpaine.com/Monogram_Brumbaer.jpg
The customer took this picture to me to build similar his dio.

Hey,I know this link....
'Someone'might be me.:laugh: ;)

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks...panzerace007...

I'm grad that you like the building....

Actually, I want to make more scratch on the tank but the customer didn't allow....

Back