• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This years' Christmas Build **DONE**

This years' Christmas Build

That's great so far Ian, I'm liking it :notworthy

Merry Christmas to you and yours, you're a bit ahead of us, but we're catching up :D

Cheers mate :drinks

Laurence

A couple of half-hour sessions grabbed in-between, BBQ's and trips to the beach (and building my LEGO Hulkbuster :frantic )... Got the primer on and rubbed back to a glassy smooth finish. Also got the pre-shade done.

h9e663af.jpg

ha20ffa1.jpg

hdc66eb1.jpg

h250d683.jpg

hd141330.jpg

Don't touch that dial.

Ian.

That pre-shade looks awesome Ian! Looking at some of the round spots on the wings, did you use any masking or multi step process on it?

Hey Ian this is a really Kool project for Christmas, nice clean build and your pre-shade is super nice. I'll be stopping in to see this one come together. :v

RLM 74 / 75 / 76 & 04, all enamels:

hbec0b61.jpg

h6e7c904.jpg

h614b1a0.jpg

h0a93958.jpg

None of the tones are 'official' manufacturers specs, just mixed my own using my preferred Mk.I eyeball method.

Next, Flory Wash.

Ian.

Now available with [kit] decals :pilot

h947069c.jpg

h9b5061a.jpg

h9bfd875.jpg

Next some dirtying-up on the undersides with oils followed by the exhaust plume and scorching around the guns.

Seems to be going well. Aiming to have it done just before our summer vacation.

Ian.

Started on the 9th of December... So as you probably guessed, every year I try to do a 'clear the bench' build over Christmas, this year it was this one:

FyempUs.jpg

mQV9Hg3.jpg

lmhtAG6.jpg

S1MovcR.jpg

eazVRhh.jpg

4EIXRgw.jpg

N40JGV8.jpg

Not sure why folks seem to shy-away from the Trumpy 109E kits almost all the completed ones that I have seen are from the Eduard and Dragon kits. Ahh well... I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this one. Perfect fit everywhere, lots of detail, excellent etch, decals and phenomenal clear parts. (not so excellent rubber tyres tho'). For a change I broke-out my enamels for the 74/75/76/04 colours, all of which I mixed using my preferred Mk.I eyeball method.  Highly recommend this to anyone contemplating a 1:32 build and perhaps a wee bit put-off by the excessive parts-count and cost of some of the 'uber kits' around just now - I got this off a well-known on-line auction site from a Chinese based seller for just £16.50 !!!!! (that's as good as giving it away) even down here to NZ the postage was just ten-quid.

So here t'is all done only addition is the kit specific Eduard Zoom set which includes the harness too;  And I have to admit that I'm very pleased with it. Please feel free to hurl any criticism, ask any questions or make any comment at all. Thanks for taking the time to look and Happy 2019 to all here.

Ian.

A very fine rendition of Little/Big Wespen! :good: :notworthy

h8800971.JPG

Hoping your Christmas was AMAZING (just a little late)!

Ian, that is one sensational job man! I also try to 'clear the bench' for Christmas, but I tend to do it with four or five builds at a time. Your focus on this has produced a quality, masterful model!

Dear Ian.

I agree with you...it´s a great model!...and you did an excelent job :eek:ldguy ... the camo looks superb!

Congratulations :good:

Luiz.

Back