• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Micro Modeling Month Entry

Naturally I'm a bit late to this but here I am now finally started.

This is the model I'm going to be trying to finish this month: Atlantis AH-46 Cheyenne; a re-pop of the ancient Aurora (?) kit.

Now to my opening pics:

full

Now on to my work...

Fortunately Dave, you don't have to wait long. This past Monday night we had a Hobby Night at the St. Crispin's Hall. I brought this down to get started on it.

First thing it tells you to do is cement the fuselage together, trapping the forward mini gun and rotor in between them. Okaaaaay...

full

full

After that I got started on the cockpit and pilots. This is a simple cockpit so it went together well:

full

full

There's still some sink marks and other details to fix before painting this, but I like how it looks. After that was done, I set it aside and added the horizontal stabilizers to the back of the helicopter. I then assembled the wheel sponsons and attached wings and cemented everything to the fuselage. The wheels are actually designed to retract. Cool!

Looking good so far. The cockpit seen next to this just pops right in, so this will be easy to do once I get it all painted:

full

While that was all drying, I assembled the main rotors. These were a little tough, but I got them done. I do like how sturdy they are at the base of the blades. Later when they had dried enough I popped the cockpit in place and added the main rotor to see how this bird is looking:

full

The cockpit and rotors come off so I'll be able to paint them separately. That's as far as I got now. Hopefully I'll have time and opportunity to get this painted..... along with the other 17 models that need paint!

Thanks all for looking in. Comments are always welcome.

That was the one with the pusher blade out the back. I remember building that 45 years ago or so...

:popcorn

Thank you Chris! I don't know that I could complete a second one but if the opportunity arrives..... :hmm:

Thank you Bob! Yes, it does have the pusher prop. I plan on installing that after painting and decaling.

Thank you Dave! It was a simple model; not many parts to begin with. I just hope I get time to finish it.

Back