• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Armor in January

Duke Maddog

After some time, I finished up two more armor models, my first for January. I know it's February now, but I did have these finished a day or so ago.

First up is my Takom 1/72 scale British FV-432 with the Rarden turret on it. The Rarden turret was supplied by Dan Taylor Modelworks in Great Britain:

full

full

full

Next up is my Dragon 1/72 scale US Army M1134 Stryker ATGM:

full

full

full

And that completes my list of models finished in January. Now to find out how many I'll be able to finish in February!

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Duke, I know I've been away a lot longer than I should have been. I got seriously hacked and lost all my groups on Fb. Those are a couple of nice looking pieces of American and British armor. They should fit right in on your Mini-Armies. Glad to see you had a Merry Christmas and had a Happy New year as well. Glad to see that my name hasn't been wiped off this group. Take care my friend.

Dave

Duke, I know I've been away a lot longer than I should have been. I got seriously hacked and lost all my groups on Fb. Those are a couple of nice looking pieces of American and British armor. They should fit right in on your Mini-Armies. Glad to see you had a Merry Christmas and had a Happy New year as well. Glad to see that my name hasn't been wiped off this group. Take care my friend.

Dave
Glad to see you back Dave! I do minimal FB as it is just a mess. There can be some decent sources of info, but for the most part it isn't really worth messing with especially these days with all the censorship crap going on. I pretty much stay off of social media. Am barely on FB and NOT on anything else other than this forum.

Duke, I am usually on Fb for one thing...Models. I stay clear of most things political, as it just gets me worked up the WRONG way, If you catch my drift. I am glad to still be here as I have had a situation with a Cataract in my good eye, that was giving me fits. However, I feel a lot better, now that it's done.

Dave

Dave, thank you for the great compliments and I'm thrilled to see you back. I was just thinking the other day about you and wondering what happened to you. Glad you're back.

I also don't use Facebook much either; not even for model related stuff as everything slides down the page so quickly. The last few times I posted anything there, it all disappeared after only two people commented. Others came on wondering where it all went. My friend Phil posted pics of my entire small scale armor display from the Las Vegas IPMS Nationals on Facebook and I couldn't find it! He eventually sent a direct link to the post, there were only two comments on it, making me wonder why everyone was telling me that Facebook was "blowing up" over my collection.

I do hope you'll be able to post here more often. You have been sorely missed.

Sherm, Frank, thank you guys! Glad you like them.

Tony, thank you for the compliments. I understand you situation. In my case, I always wonder how so many awesome modelers say that, and then proceed to assemble individual link tracks with tiny pins that are challenging for me to see! :silly: Not to mention the almost microscopic pieces of photo-etch that have to be bent four times before being put on their models. LOL! :hmm: :bigrin: :Drinks:

Thanks again to everyone!

Back