• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The "Bigger Boat" you're going to need. 1/350 Orca

I remember EVERYTHING. It's part of what makes me such a nut-case. I don't care so much about sales. I would love to have other modelers go "WOW! You did that! Nobody has the cojones to do THAT!! HA! :rotf
Then Laugh! My tombstone will read, as an aside "I Told You I was sick!" after the d.o.b. and d.o.d.
On last joke, for all time. Wow, went all maudlin there. Apologies, Brothers. :pinch:

h7a2abeb.JPG

"I'm stuck! Wiggle your tail, and push with your fins. It'll be all right". New Clown Fish mold. I cast it tonight. Stay tuned for more looney results!!

hd0aac9b.JPG

Clown Fish Mold 2.0 I'm calling this a success! Dat Bad Feesh, multiplyin' Mon! Bad Mojo, dat!

It is a lot of fun to cast these resin parts. Better still when the molds and liquid plastic resin perform so well!
Orca, and the Clown fish Mold maybe the best ones I've made so far!
Lookie!!
hfee2247.JPG

Newly minted Great White shrks seem hungry when they emerge from the mold. :idonno
Carcarodon Carcarius came out much better the second time!

So get your Orca in there and see if they need a bigger boat or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I91DJZKRxs

h854666b.JPG

Working on Orca! I'd like to have Her ready for The KC show, but we'll see! Cabin roof & flying bridge installed.
h7cb1af9.JPG

Sanded, tacked, Pulpit installed. Pictures also go with the instructions I will womp up!
h84d1566.JPG

Pulpit railing tacked and accelerated. Good time to stop for a minute. A Drinkie perhaps? :hmmm

Thanks for lookin' in! :skipper

h9c9d60b.JPG

I spent some good, quality bench-time with Orca tonight. The exhaust (sans Muffler) flying bridge ladder, mast, look-out platform. I've wrapped dinky wire, copper .015 wire. Heck, I even bent up a staple! I'll be darned if I can make the 2 rings for the tall mast lookout tonight!! :bang head BFA!!
hc5b275c.JPG

Pulpit railings look promising. I made notes for instructions, but didn't take as many pict's as I should have for the instructions.

Model-Mojo just plain-old run off the Reservation tonight! I THINK I have an easy, not to hot-sweaty-work-day tomorrow. Famous last words! :rotf :bat :rotf :frantic

Looking very good ... Run Forest Run ... :captain ... I know this is the Jaws boat ... but looks close to the other ... :good:

Since I drive quite a ways to work everyday, I have lots of time to mull things over. Wire, rings of cut & sanded brass tubing, buy another p/e set to cannabalize? AGAIN!?! Make something? :hmmm :idonno
hcd44749.JPG

Then I remembered an "Old Friend". :facepalm We all of us made lots of levers, handles, wires, out of good old stretched sprue! Wrap some around a circuference, hold one end with trusty tweezers, use a dinky brush to swab on a modicum of liquid glue. Presto!! Rings!!
he701e61.JPG

A teensie dab of c/a glue on the mast..........
h1dcf93b.JPG

These might be a little too big. I'll look at my references, measure and decide.
Silly Rhino! Shoulda figgered it out a week ago! HA!! :rotf OMAFA!

h6ffbd9d.JPG

hb2e0bca.JPG

Better!! I moved the crow's nest platform down the 29mm mast 12mm, and put new 1/16" (wrapped around a drill bit & Glued) 5mm above it! :yipee The toothpick wrapped sprue rings were just too big for scale. :bang head :drinks

Back