• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Big "C"

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, Bob. I am glad you are recovering so well and look great for someone who has gone through so much. My wife just recently had surgery for her breast cancer and we are waiting for the pathology results to find out if she requires radiation or chemo.

I wish you well during your fight and you have my support. It seems you are kicking cancer's ass big time and hope you will be back to the bench soon.

Cheers,
James

Bob , I read your post with great sadness over your health issues . When one of your idols takes a hit it makes me reflect on how old I've gotten over the years watching you build . Hell , maybe that's just because I am old ....... er . I'm having my own prostate and kidney issues .
Your legacy isn't your build with the same name , it's all you've done for this hobby over the years .
It's been ages since Monogram , Revell , Italeri and the new kid Tamiya and you should be proud of your contributions to the industry and the hobby in helping in a major way to revolutionizing it to what it is today .
On the other hand I'm elated to see your progress and you're looking great !!!
I know you can kick this in the ass and come out on top !!!
Getting to know and become friends with one of your idols after following their work for all these years has been a special treat for me .
Here's to you , the hobby and many more years of modeling for the both of us :drinks

Glenn,

Your post caught me off guard. You know, Like everybody else in the model world, I spent my life doing what I loved to do. I was fortunate enough to come up with those considered greats, Verlinden, Shep, Pruneau and so many more. Like everybody else, I admired and was inspired by them. I was focused on them and their following and, although good friends with them, they were my idols as well. Now in my old age, I read something like your post and it strikes me as very humbling, but, strange as well. All that time I was having fun and hanging with the masters who showed us the way, I guess I inspired a few guys in the process, but I was never aware of it till later in life. Maybe a little of their magic rubbed off on me by osmosis! :)

I've always been a fighter and I feel no different today. I'm very positive about all this and feel certain I am on my way to be cured! There are so many guys on this forum I'd like to be able to throw down some brews with. A pity that we live so far apart from each other.

Thank you sir!

Bob

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, Bob. I am glad you are recovering so well and look great for someone who has gone through so much. My wife just recently had surgery for her breast cancer and we are waiting for the pathology results to find out if she requires radiation or chemo.

I wish you well during your fight and you have my support. It seems you are kicking cancer's ass big time and hope you will be back to the bench soon.

Cheers,
James

Thanks James! Susan went through breast cancer at the same tome I went through prostate cancer. She has now been cancer free for 13 years! Hang in there, be positive. It's not fun to go through but, they have made incredible strides in the few years between my two treatments. Thoughts and prayers to you and your wife for the pathology results.

Bob

Bob, I finally caught up with this and I'm sad to hear about it. Still, I'm thrilled at how well things are going and how you've been so positive and aggressive in fighting this. As one who has been through it as well, I know what you have had to endure and I'm glad it has been better for you than it was for me. I'll continue to pray for you and your family. After all, I want to meet you and throw down a few brews with you; as well as tour your museum. You truly have been inspiring and motivating in all you do; your modeling, your fight with cancer and your approach to life in general. I envy you the opportunities you've had in this hobby; I only wish I could have had those as well. Still, I am thrilled to know you through these boards though and; once again, I hope to meet you face to face.

Keep up the faith and the good fight. You got this, as evidenced by your photos.

P.S, I love the Gulf of Mexico, especially that part off the coast of Fort Walton Beach and Destin. What awesome seafood!

Bob, I finally caught up with this and I'm sad to hear about it. Still, I'm thrilled at how well things are going and how you've been so positive and aggressive in fighting this. As one who has been through it as well, I know what you have had to endure and I'm glad it has been better for you than it was for me. I'll continue to pray for you and your family. After all, I want to meet you and throw down a few brews with you; as well as tour your museum. You truly have been inspiring and motivating in all you do; your modeling, your fight with cancer and your approach to life in general. I envy you the opportunities you've had in this hobby; I only wish I could have had those as well. Still, I am thrilled to know you through these boards though and; once again, I hope to meet you face to face.

Keep up the faith and the good fight. You got this, as evidenced by your photos.

P.S, I love the Gulf of Mexico, especially that part off the coast of Fort Walton Beach and Destin. What awesome seafood!

Thanks for the words.

I have faith that I will pull through this and hope to get back to the bench shortly.

Maybe some day we'll wind up in the same town and I'll take you up on those brewskis!

Bob

I'm glad you're still fighting. I was reading upon the Cyberknife as there is one in the NorthEast but New York City has not justified funding one for their public hospitals.

Prayers that all is smooth sailing and pain free.

Regards,

Thanks Saul!

I had never heard of a cyberknife until they told me I was going to be treated with one! They told me they have been around for about 10 years! I believe there are three in Missouri. One in St. Louis, another in Kansas City and a third one in Springfield, where I now live!

Merry Christmas!

Bob

I had heard of the Cyberknife when my friend recommended it. I never found one in Southern California, so I went with the SBRT (Stereotactic body radiation treatment) that went well. I only needed five treatments. My PSA level went from 11.2 to a current low of 4.3. It's been dropping steadily since I got these treatments in June.

I hope yours goes as well as mine. We still need to meet someday.

Back