• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS"

Re:Terry's M113

Kreighshoer wrote:
MrT wrote:
I seem to be getting worse. I am now becoming a danger to others.

that's why you were chosen to be moderator!

Gives new meaning to the line "The inmates are running the institution." :laugh: :laugh:

Terry ;)

Re:Terry's M113 "LETS MAKE TRACKS' "DIRTY JOB"

Ok it's time to get back to what I was doing. I've been getting down and dirty working on the M113. The only time a tank is clean is when leaves the factory or when it's on display. So having completed the assembly work and after applying some paint it was time to get dirty. I have dirty her with pastel chalk powder mixed with alcohol(the rubbing kind) not to mention liberal us airbrushed paint both earth and a lighten shade of the base color dark green. Here are some pictures let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.

Terry B)

dsc04262_1_20100915_1886008402.jpg

dsc04263_2_20100915_2026477104.jpg

dsc04264_3_20100915_1615157730.jpg

dsc04265_4_20100915_1094409893.jpg

dsc04266_5_20100915_1416662092.jpg

dsc04268_6_20100915_1712755701.jpg

dsc04269_7_20100915_1019480181.jpg

dsc04270_1_20100915_1171596047.jpg

dsc04271_2_20100915_1336588074.jpg

B)

Excellent job on the weathering, Terry.

If it weren't for the model being photographed on your workbench with paint bottles near it, I'm pretty sure I could convince people that it was the real thing. Just the right amount of dirt and fading. Again, excellent!

JamesOLeary wrote:
Excellent job on the weathering, Terry.

If it weren't for the model being photographed on your workbench with paint bottles near it, I'm pretty sure I could convince people that it was the real thing. Just the right amount of dirt and fading. Again, excellent!

Thanks James! I'll take an outdoor picture when I'm done.

Terry B)

One of the most beautiful I have seen. Excellent work Terry, Congrats!

Thanks MP!!! It's almost as good and your halftrack.

Terry ;)

Thanks Guys!!! :)

Terry B)

Hi Terry,

What an outstanding job! Not only the detailing is great, but the scratchs are so creative and well done, and the painting/weathering is, well... just awesome! :eek:hmy:

One of the great things about being new to a Forum is the vast amount of awesome stuff that you have for "immediate consumption" - you don't have to wait for new installments, they're already there. ;)

Reading this Thread has been pretty much like taking classes in modelling: thanks for that Terry!
NotWorthy.gif

Cheers and I'll be right here, in the front row, waiting for more!
emoticon_yahooo.gif

Fernao
PS: a big, fat congrats to whoever thought of the name of this GB - "Charlie Don't Surf"!
113.gif

That would have been DioRandy who came up with that name. Penalty for being creative is you get drafted for Moderator. :gogo

moon puppy wrote:
"That would have been DioRandy who came up with that name. ..."
So then congratulations DioRandy, for coming up with such a "funtastic" name: very creative!
101.gif

Cheers! :)
Fernao

Thanks for the cudos, guys, but I believe they're misdirected.
Unless I'm now suffering from dementia, as well as being declared legally blind, Laura should receive the accolades for coming up with the title "Charlie Don't Surf."
Peace and Love,
Randy

BigDog wrote:
Hi Terry,

What an outstanding job! Not only the detailing is great, but the scratchs are so creative and well done, and the painting/weathering is, well... just awesome! :eek:hmy:

One of the great things about being new to a Forum is the vast amount of awesome stuff that you have for "immediate consumption" - you don't have to wait for new installments, they're already there. ;)

Reading this Thread has been pretty much like taking classes in modelling: thanks for that Terry!
NotWorthy.gif

Cheers and I'll be right here, in the front row, waiting for more!
emoticon_yahooo.gif

Fernao
PS: a big, fat congrats to whoever thought of the name of this GB - "Charlie Don't Surf"!
113.gif

Thanks BigDog!!! T-N-T is all about sharing ideas and having fun and I am glad you like what goes on here.

Terry B)

DioRandy wrote:
Thanks for the cudos, guys, but I believe they're misdirected.
Unless I'm now suffering from dementia, as well as being declared legally blind, Laura should receive the accolades for coming up with the title "Charlie Don't Surf."
Peace and Love,
Randy

OPPS! Sorry Laura :blush: ...I stand corrected.

Back