• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya T55 Finished 1 Feb 2010

Bucket

I have been ocuppied for a bit, So Happy New Beers to everyone in 2010. So here is a project I have been building for the past few months...I wanted to do a T55 with camo. I found just what I was looking for in a model copied by Chris Wauchop from and article he found in Tamiya Magazine 2003. The original model was done by Marcus Nicholls...I just changed a couple of things...and I have to warn you....my scratch building abilities are still a bit primative....

DSCF1945.jpg

Here I cast a copy of the outer wheel and shaved of the rubber, as if the wheel had copped a beating.

DSCF2003.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

The Hull together, and some plumbing added to the fuel tanks

DSCF2006.jpg

DSCF2005.jpg

Primed in Tamiya NATO Black

DSCF2013.jpg

Now a Mixture of Tamiya Desert Yellow and White

DSCF2014.jpg

Now add the Cam in Tamiya Field Grey

DSCF2048.jpg

DSCF2049.jpg

DSCF2051.jpg

DSCF2052.jpg

DSCF2054.jpg

DSCF2045.jpg

DSCF2048.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

And this is how it is looking now....It has had some oil filters painted over it, some chipping using Vallejo paints, and Mig pigment to show the build up of dust around the lower hull.

It has Fruil Tracks painted and washes added, waiting in the wings...They just need to be touched up with the pigments and the ends joined together and fitted to the tank.

A couple more little adjustments, and it should be finished....

So Wad do ya tinks ?
:unsure:

Re:Tamiya T55

Allow me to be the first, NICE! Iam a Russian armor nut so I am biased. Nice details and painting. Keep it up, Ryan

It looks really nice, I enjoy the result specially the camo pattern, too bad the colors are strange in those overall shots you did, but the detail shots show the right colors so I can imagine the whole thing. Also it´s a nice touch the red/yellow fuel drum. Looking forward to see more!

Juliano

I completely agree, very nice details and paint. It's so interesting how the colors change with the lighting of the photos, can't wait to see more! (y)

I'm not going to say nice, everyone else already has. But it is. would the turret be this shinny though? As ask as an armor novice, really...

moon puppy wrote:
. would the turret be this shinny though? quote]

Sorry Moon Puppy, but the picture with the AA Gun was taken earlier than the other pictures and had not been flattened down...you can still see the shine from the floor polish. :silly:

Hi Pete , Sweet looking tank! These big russian tanks and the cool new figs are really tempting..............Randy

Re:Tamiya T55 Finished 1st Feb 2010

Hello again.....I have now added the fruil tracks to my T55 for the final result.... :)

DSCF2079.jpg

DSCF2071.jpg

DSCF2072.jpg

DSCF2076.jpg

DSCF2078.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

DSCF2081.jpg

Thank you for viewing...

Pete

Pete ,

You have to be happy with that ! B) B) B) DISTINCTIVE !!!! This will be the crown in the showcase , you must be soooooo impressed with how it turned out .

Congratulations , it rocks !!!!!

Jenny :kiss:

Nice result! You can be proud of your work!

For the next kit, you can also use the sponge chipping technique in combination with the normal chipping work with a brush. You´ll get richer surfaces spoliled bu graze and erosion.

Back