• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TAMIYA SHOWS OFF NEW 1/32 MUSTANG

On second thoughts.... I WANT TWO!!!! :woohoo:

Actually I couldn't resist anymore and picked up a great deal on a 1:32 Trumpeter P-51D Mustang IV at the ACT Scale Model Society annual show yesterday... amongst other goodies.... like finally getting hold of a Tamiya JSU-152 and a Tasca M4A3E8 (Korean War) version, and a new airbrush...and various update sets etc...

Maybe now, I'll only get one Tamiya P-51... :laugh:

I'm going back today to take pictures of the expo.... and see what else I can waste money on... :blink

Here is my haul from this years ACTSMS expo... I'll create another thread for pictures of kits at the show...

IMG_0081.jpg

Lots of odds and ends, the white boxes on the left are the spray booth, and exhaust kit, spare filter, and the new air compressor with tank. The Runway 13 box on the right is the new single action air brush (the old one is only good for base paints now, and I only use the dual one sparingly... I prefer single action.)

As mentioned, the 3 kits - M4A3E8, JSU-152 and the P-51D...

Plenty of add-ons/update sets and some figures + some extra tools...

you surely went to town john! what a haul!

is there any chance to see pictures of the unpacked airbrush?

It's the only show that I go to, so I'm allowed to go extra crazy... :woohoo:

Here's the airbrush... single action, with 3 nozzle sizes - 0.2, 0.3 and 0.5mm. 3, 5, and 12CC cups.

IMG_0083.jpg

Here is a video showing the new 1/32 Tamiya Mustang and a few other goodies!

http://www.youtube.com/user/hobbylink

so you can change from gear up to gear down...without the massive thumb wheel someone had years ago. OK...I want one now. Boycott is over, see, they never work.

Well.... I'm glad I went with the Trumpeter kit. I just saw on LuckyModel what the expected price for this kit will be.... $110USD :eek:hmy:

No thanks, Tamiya.

I think thats a bit cheaper than the Spitfire. I'd get one or 2.
James

Oh crap... I just realised I paid $140AUD for the Spitfire back when the AUD$ was lower than the USD$... So yeah, you're right, it's cheaper!

It's not fair that you guys are using logic against me... :blush:

Back