• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TAMIYA MERKAVA MK.I - Lebanon 1982

NIce job so far Bruce (y) I hope that I can do 1/2 as good on my Tiger & don't have any problems with the replacement barrel...

Ok os now she is almost ready for paint! The upper and lower hull are not glued, just held with those little bushing thingies that come with the kit (poly caps?). At any rate, as you can see it is coming together nicely, the Pazer Werks wheels were a nice addition, though I liked the kit wheels for some of it

Just need to figeure out how to get the bend outta these tracks!

Just use a hair dryer on low heat and fan it over tracks while holding up. High heat will probably melt them and if you try and hold it in one place on low it will probably melt it also.
James

I did, the water was TOO HOT, and I killed one set! I still may have enough good track to make it work, just have to see. My bad though, please see the whole bit under the HELP ME! tab

Just get the bend on the idler so it's natural. I know you said it's dry fitted but watch that seam on the front. :popcorn

AXtually it is not even fitted together that well, that is the reason for the gap. have to figger out what to do on the tracks, otherwise, get them on and go for it.

Good thing is that I have a clear 'vision' as to what I want to do with this, so really just a matter of geting to it.

Sorry to hear of your track troubles Bruce ... Some track :zen :zen :zen for ya ... Your doing a great job on this nice :good:

Put the bad section of track up behind the sideskirts where the track isn't seen?

Have the tank bogged down on one side so most of the track isn't needed as it'd not be seen?

Cheers

It may another week or two before I get to this, but I am puttinginto action plane B, as the 'good' part of the remaining track is not long enough. Plan is to utilze it on each exposed 'end' of the vehicle, and I have another rubber band track from a built model that is so surprisingly close, just a touch of trimming and then cuttin/fitting along the section of the ground will make it purty much invisible! Again, just a minor setback, especially in comparison to some other stuff I have been unsuccessfully attempting to build

Ok so I FINALLY got the gumption to use the Vallejo Air Sand Grey paint! Came out pretty good so far. 1st I lay down a coat of Vallejo Black, then the actual color. I wondered why I saw everyone using black as primer until I did it, all the shadow popped out and it was looking right, the pics really do not do it justice! Still QUITE a ways to go, not even any color modulation as yet, but we back on 'track'

Ok so thanks to Tankbilder, I got the tracks on the Merkava! it is STILL not fully glued together, basically three main sub assy's., but it is pretty dern close! here I tried some modulation, but I think it is too faint to really see:

and here is where I painted then masked off the barrel to get that white stripe they painted on the actual tank. Getting that tape cut and masked is a real PITA. a tiny bit of the paint peeled up, so some touch up is in order, but overall not bad, has about the wear the way I want it

note my handy beverage for this part

hoping to get a good bit more done over the weekend!

Cheers!

Back