• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya M4A3E2 * Completed!*

cb1

Place holder if I can still enter.
I have the kit on order.
Sherman_Jumbo.jpg

Long barrel Jumbo.
I have the barrel from Jordio Rubio and the uparmored nose. The kit is on the way.

Tamiya M4A3E2

I started last week too, looking forward to seeing your progress :soldier

Ian

Tamiya M4A3E2

Ok gang, I received my kit and since today is not only Thanksgiving, it is my Birthday! :yipee

So here is my start up picture
IMG_6136.JPG

now to get busy! w00t!

Tamiya M4A3E2

being a typical Tamiya, it is coming together fast. The progress so far...
IMG_6138.JPG

I roughed up the weld seems so it does not look like a "super glued" armor plate. and the up armored nose went in easy. When I was drilling out the hole for the barrel one of the lifting eyes "vanished" and I am debating replacing with some wire or adding some "damage" I'm thinking about that one.

I am going to try to do this...Not the snow cammo, but the netting that is applied
406123_393528040736928_123165051_n.jpg

another shot..
408.jpg

Tamiya M4A3E2

dunno yet, I'm staring at the pictures trying to imagine how I would do it on the real thing.

that smoke you smell is me thinking, not a fire. LOL

Tamiya M4A3E2

B) cool subject can get this wire scaled down from some aftermarket companies.
In the past I have used fine netting from fruit bags -it's plastic.

anyway nice progress - good effort on the weld beads too.

Beagle.

Tamiya M4A3E2

Shalom.

Do you have netting? I can take an image of ome I have and if you want some can post some to you. Another great place to get netting is the fabric department as they often have many types qnd sizes of openings.

Cheers from Peter

Tamiya M4A3E2

thanks for the ideas guys!
I don't think I have the eyes or patience to wire up a set of chicken-wire. I'll look at the mesh at the crafts stores to see what sizes they have.

Tamiya M4A3E2

thanks for the ideas guys!
I don't think I have the eyes or patience to wire up a set of chicken-wire. I'll look at the mesh at the crafts stores to see what sizes they have.

Shalom.

Here are two sizes of mesh. I can send you some if you want it. That's a 1/35 scale figure on each sample to show the size of the weave.

Let me know if you want me to send you some mesh.

Cheers from Peter

Tamiya M4A3E2

I think the first one looks more like chicken wire but the second one looks more to scale.

What is that stuff Peter?

Tamiya M4A3E2

I think the first one looks more like chicken wire but the second one looks more to scale.

Shalom.

It's fabric very similar to Bridal Veil material. I use it for chicken wire and for chain-link fence. I got mine at a WalMart a few years ago and/or scrounged some off a crinoline I bought for a couple of dollars.

Cheers from Peter

Tamiya M4A3E2

Shalom.

I hope it's okay to post these 2 images here.

Here are chunks of those 2 samples of Bridal Veil Material/Crinoline material from upthread but painted silver and placed on a 1/35 M4 Sherman Firefly to show the weave size.

Cheers from Peter

Tamiya M4A3E2

wow, excellent! and good news! My wife had some of the same stuff in the craft box. thanks for the idea!
:drinks

now to get a few moments to work on it some more. Thanks again for the idea!

Tamiya M4A3E2

Finally got to do some work on this last night.
I'm ready to prime and paint. I have the netting all ready as well. I want to paint the primary hull before the netting.

to the pictures!
IMG_6140.JPG

IMG_6139.JPG

Back