• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Jagdpanzer 38 (t) Hetzer

This is like watching a killer movie but forced to wait till tomorrow to see the amazing climax.
It's looking superb Mike!! :notworthy :notworthy

Tim

A big THANK YOU to all who commented, I really appreciate your support!! After spending a week trying to figure out the best way to mask the hard edge, I finally gave up and free handed a camo scheme.

IMG_4096.JPG

IMG_4097.JPG

IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_4100.JPG

IMG_4101.JPG

I tried to make a stencil for the splinters, but thought the pattern a little too unnatural, so going without I think. I'll let it dry overnight, then hit it with Future for the decals. Comments, suggestions, good natured ribbing always welcome! :soldier

MIKE,

Cool camo !! Great Free Style !! I really Dig it ! I'm lookin forward to th weathering.

Note: another thing I picked up on recently as a Mask for hard Edge Camo - Try using Blu-Stik. DAP makes it & it can be found in Lowes' on th Paint Isle with all of the little X-tras. That works better than Silly Putty as , some that you buy now is a really soft compound & hard to remove from th model after painting. I also use it to hold stuff temporarily like figures arms, parts of a Tank to see what it looks like etc .... To use it as a paint mask, you can pull some off , roll it length wise to th size you want, press down on th Tank. mark off th entire tank , paint , then remove after th paint is dry.

As far as trying to add the Flecks, it would've been easier to do a "reverse" camo paint. Paint th Hetzer Dk. Yellow, then cut tiny pieces ( triangles, bow ties etc * ) out of th Blue painters tape & apply everywhere, then paint th other colors & remove th tape after all is dry.

If you already know about Blu Stik disregard otherwise - http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=gsish&pq=blu+tac++sold+in+america&xhr=t&q=adhesive+putty&cp=11&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=16052056106846094808&sa=X&ei=po7QTa2uKtTogAf27Z3CDA&sqi=2&ved=0CEUQ8gIwAw#

* here's an attached picture of a Museum piece to show you what I'm talking about.

DSC06650.JPG

DSC06652.JPG

DSC06683.JPG

Back