• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Horch w/ 2cm Flak 38

Adam Baker

So I found a kit in my stash that I've thought about building for awhile, and probably wont take too incredibly long (ha! I say that now) to build.

Now for the obligatory start images.

DSC01609.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

That's a really nice kit,I've done it many years ago.
Alas the figures in the kit are Waffen-SS,so you can't use them for this campaign. :(

Looking forward to the next steps. :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks for the heads up Ron. I actually hadnt planned on including the figures, so I guess thats a good thing. Chances are I'll have a hard enough time finishing the kit, let alone the 6 figures, in the time available.

Adam,....yet another vehicle on my to do list ( got to buy it first of course )

Watching with anticipation !!!!

Figures ,even if was was going to use them, are quite awful as you can see !

I actually havent looked at them, so not sure how bad they are. However, at this point, since I would like to start doing figures, anything I can use for practice would be helpful.

Hey Adam I have this Horch on its own as a model. Please note any issues as you build it.

I think you still have quite a few months to do this, Maybe we can get some of the MODS to POST AN END DATE for us (HINT HINT :D )

I definitely will Dave.

AFAIK, the completion date for the campaign is the end of August, so I'd assume hte last day is August 31st.

Unfortunately I've not worked on this in a couple of days. Spent the last 2 evenings fighting w/ my computer, I formatted the hard drive and upgraded to Windows 7, but it hasnt exactly gone smoothly. Hopefully this evening I'll be able to get back to sitting at my work bench.

I just spend 2 days getting my wifeys computer and HER BACKUP EXTERNAL working again. Was an allnighter as ALL her companies stuff was on the backup drive. Was lucky that in the end everything was still on the disc just the bloody Trojan worm made everything hidden :vmad

Once I knew what the fault was it was a matter of 2 hours to make everything visible again. Just glad it was not the root that was affected I suppose

Eww, glad to hear you were able to get it all fixed. Thankfully I've only had to deal w/ a virus once, and it was a relatively minor one, that was solved by just rolling back to a previous restore point.

Progress!!

I've got the 20mm almost completely built.

DSC01620.jpg

DSC01621.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

Going to go w/ Tamiya Dark Yellow paint for this one. Not sure exactly when I'll get paint on it. I've got a dr's appt in the morning, that will make me about 3 hours late for work, and I'm trying to decide if I'm just going to work late to make up the missed hours, or use some sick time I've got. If I'm home in time tomorrow night, I may get color on it tomorrow, but we'll see.

Progress! I've actually managed to work on this for at least an hour, almost every night this week. I've spent a few hours at least, trying to remove all the horrendous punch marks on the insides of the body panels, that are all very painfully visible if not removed.

The punch marks on the rear most panel were deep enough that just sanding wouldn't work w/o leaving visible evidence of their removal. So I punched out some styrene disks w/ my punch, glued them in, and then sanded them flat. While gluing, I squeezed out liquified plastic out around the disks, so that when sanded, they wouldn't have any edge around them, and it appears to have worked pretty good. The rest of the punch marks were sanded down, they were either light enough or in areas where it wouldn't be noticed that they were sanded vs filled.

Once everything was sanded to my satisfaction, I assembled the body, and I think it looks pretty decent.

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01630.jpg

I'm really hoping to have all the assembly completed on this, this weekend and at least the first coat of paint down on it. Once I get to the paint stage, a lot of my models seem to grind to a halt so hopefully it doesnt happen w/ this one.

Back