• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya German Armored Car SdKfz. 223

Ready for class to start!
h88e9289.jpeg

h2825343.jpeg

Looks like a nice clean build of the AC , your gonna have fun Camoing this with John . Ah you added the infamous air filter behind the turret there I have have done much study on this little found filter , Tamiya was the one that got me interested in it on the 4 wheelers. What hardly anybody knows , I just found out recently in my studies , is that there actually were two one on each side . But in photo evidence usually you can only see one side of the Car in a single photo so most including me till recently thought there was only the one.
h113ce93.jpeg

Brian

Ok here we go:

German Grey base coat:

hb365976.JPG

hd5ae339.JPG

Followed by the Afrika Korps "Tan". I think it came out well...how 'bout y'all?

hc888ff4.jpg

h7b48dc3.jpg

hc3dacb2.jpg

h32ceacc.jpg

h41c9586.jpg

NOTE: I managed to drop it and break off the antennat in 4 places! Only one left to repait, I think I can get it no-prob., but it looks like this has a tarp in it's future......

Whelp, as many of you know, my only work place is the porch, and it is getting pretty warm:

h8eec20d.jpg

(that's about 33 deg. Celsius/Feels like 40.5 Celsius, or as we say in the South, SUMMER.

SO I broke off, and got my Chicken Crock-pot meal the wifey loves rolling:

hef5b290.jpg

And I think class is done for today!

Will I think it came out great there bud!

It only feels like 105??? :coolio I could have sworn I saw the neighbors pool boiling!! :rotf

Looks good and supper looks good also. For us I made pulled pork and home made coleslaw.
James

Will I think it came out great there bud!

It only feels like 105??? :coolio I could have sworn I saw the neighbors pool boiling!! :rotf

Hey Eric, it'll get hotter still! Really the bad part is the humidity, it feels like you are breathing steam some days! This brings up a question about you being previously stationed in the southwest? Curious to know how the heat here compares to there. I know it gets hotter temp-wise, curious about the humidity.

Looks good and supper looks good also. For us I made pulled pork and home made coleslaw.
James

James, have not learned the pulled-pork yet, would be nice to learn tho! That is a little Adluh Flour (In the South there is no other) with some salt & pepper tossed in. You coat cubed chicken in it, then it goes in the bottom, with diced taters, carrots, & mushy-rooms, sprinkle a tad of the leftover adluh on there, pour in chicken broth, then set it on low for the next 6 hours. When done, serve over Jasmine rice.

Back