• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Great job so far :good: and that panzer III is awesome (y) (y)

Had this kit (the famo) long time ago but i sold it because i didn't think i was gonna be able to build it :( that was before i moved to belgium and here i have found time and inspiration for building again :)

//Mats

Well after 4+ months getting side tracked on a Mirror Models Diamond T969 wrecker I'm back on working on the famo project.
The wrecker was a challenge of a build ,it's not a shake and bake kit .

edd8ab5a-5be9-45ba-bb19-f704e2b50192_zps95686356.jpg

I can attest that it is not a shake a bake kit. LZ Models has released a detail set for it but I thought the kit was plenty detailed! Great finish on yours. I plan to buy the plain Diamond T truck and swap cabs.

Regards,

Mike:

All those recovery types are wonderfully done. Those are really cool looking. You do very impressive work.

Dave

Hello again,

Well after 4+ months getting side tracked on a Mirror Models Diamond T969 wrecker I'm back on working on the famo project.
The wrecker was a challenge of a build ,it's not a shake and bake kit .
Here are a couple of images to show how much time was lost :beer

Hi Mike
Beautiful job on the wrecker, I've read that it is not an easy kit to build. Only 4 months huh...?
Normally I like a challenge, but I think I'll steer clear of that one...might think about their dozer though.

Looking forward to seeing more work on the Famo!!

Tom

Guys ,

Thanks for your kind words,

Saul, changing the cabs is the best way to go. It is the first Mirror Models kit and I will not be rushing out to build another one .

Tom, Thanks for your kind words the wrecker time frame was a close guestimate because I got talked into it over Mirror models web page here .
http://www.mirror-models.com/Diamond-T-969-wrecker-contest.html

http://www.mirror-models.com/Diamond-T-969-wrecker-contest.html

the bulldozer is a good choice, we think alike , I had the same idea :good: :) .

Michael

That looks great Mike. Really like the looks of the wrecker and the panzer is coming along nicely also. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks James,

The fenders had been a challenge and probably the hardest part of the kit build.

Once the tracks are together I'll fit them to ensure I have enough links both sides. The damaged side will be a little different to the norm . I'm getting close to the interesting part with the battle damage.
May have to go back to the books for some further reference :hmmm

Michael

Back again,
More headway made with the Fruil track .
The right side is done, the left side will be different because I'm shortening the track to run back over the return rollers .
The fun begins ...

Geez, Mike- you da man! Those fenders, and everything else, look great! It's this kind of build that keeps a man busy, I'd say. ;)

Back