• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya F4U-2 Corsair

f1matt

Built and photos taken a several years ago. Almost entirely OOB.

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

Thanks for looking.

matt

Great model and beautiful finish Matt. How did you do the chips?

Funny thing is my first plane will be the Tamiya Corsair, already got the kit and some aftermarket bits.

Tom

The kit is the wonderful 1/48 scale edition. The paint chips were applied with a fine brush one by one. Good ol Testors silver. I just love the look and consistency for hand brushing.

Thanks everybody! And yes I did forget to fill in the step in the starboard wind.

matt

Good to know, I got this kit on the shelf right now just trying to figure out when to build it. (y)

Well if you go OOB it won't take long MP. There isnt much to this one. I think I built this in maybe four or five days? The flaps took a little care to line up but the rest was a cake walk.

matt

The Aires detail set slots into the Tamiya F4U 1/48 really nicely Bob, i say that because not all of them do :), Give it a go .

Thank you. I used Alclad Chrome. It is sensational stuff. Just apply it over a shiny black acrylic paint and you will achieve amazing results. It really does look like chrome if you prepare the part carefully.

matt

Back