• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero (Zeke) IJN

Thanks guys!

Don't worry about the salt Bob. Just a few diuretics and you will p..s it right off!

Actually this is just the second time I am doing this salt thing. Afraid I overdid again. We'll see.

Decals are setting nicely and I will get the weathering done during the week. Today it's the wife's birthday so no bench time!

hopefully I can post on the "completed" section soon enough.

Have a nice week everyone!

Alex

Hello Everyone

Well, I did it again. Overdone. :angry: :bang head :bang head

I am ready to throw it in the garbage and start again. See for yourself.

h17da313.JPG

Maybe I can still fix it a bit, let's see if it is doable.

Cheers

Alex

Very true, Bob.

At the end it worked out ok with a bit of a flat spray. Not ideally, unfortunately I did not dilute a gloss acrylic coat enough and it got too thick.

At least I am proud of the cockpit. That worked out well, IMHO. At least the bone wax repair looks good too (or as bad as the rest).

So I am calling it ready and will post it on a ready thread as soon as it is up (or should I create one myself)? The base is the Eduard's Elevator Area from the IJN Akagi in 1/72.

As always please fire your comments away, I intend to get with each model at least a bit better. Maybe in 20-30 years it will be acceptable.

Thanks for your support. Cheers,

Alex

h21f5fd1.JPG

h4b1c165.JPG

h74c23e0.JPG

h2087db1.JPG

h919f366.JPG

ha7d779e.JPG

h2556b3a.JPG

ha6f8e18.JPG

Well, no use crying over spilled milk. I have another Tamiya Zero in my stash and beginning tomorrow I am going to start again. As I told Christian, you can only learn from your mistakes.
Not sure if this is in conformance with the rules but if not let me know.
So, as the saying goes in Germany, auf ein neues... (Better luck this time).
Pics tomorrow
Cheers
Alex

Alex, You have done a great job on this one! Don't be so hard on yourself bud :good: We are our own worst critics. :drinks

Thanks everyone.

So here is the official begin of the second round. Let's hope I don't make the same mistakes again, at least a bit of improvement would be good :pilot

Cheers everyone,

Alex

h47fc591.JPG

h89b6775.JPG

Well there's a good idea . I need some appropriately sized bins for my kits to help with shoddy boxes.

Thanks ....Cheers,Christian B)

So here is the progress so far.

The PE part I have IMHO nailed down. No problems here. Let's hope I can keep up the pace.

Great weekend everyone,

Alex :Hiay

h1136f7a.JPG

ha337cb0.JPG

hdf03fec.JPG

hbfbe403.JPG

h8bc2ae3.JPG

h8535376.JPG

ha665801.JPG

Back