• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/35 Opel Blitz

wds

Not very furious, or armored for that matter, but what ya gonna do? :idonno

I just knocked out the figures ‘cause I knew they wouldn’t be that visible. (from past experience). …and I was right, thankfully. Pith helmets were left over from the old Tamiya Panzer II kit.
I finally bought a punch/die kit from MicroMark. I was able to fab the driver side mirror and width indicators from old PE sheet and 1/64 music wire (and solder). Much better in MHO.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Opel0.jpg

Opel1.jpg

Opel2.jpg

Opel3.jpg

Opel4.jpg

Opel5.jpg

Opel6.jpg

Wonderful 'look' to this thing. Won't be the only one to mention it, but that staining and weathering in the bed is just perfect.

Ian.

Thanks, Ian! I'm still trying to find the right color of that weathered wood. I have received some weird looks as I hold up a book of color chips to a flat bed trailer that has recently unloaded a piece of construction equipment.
Thanks, Bob!
Thanks, Terry!
Thanks, James!
Thanks Dave! Stay warm this winter!
Thanks, Dr. John!

After posting I realized that I forgot to install the search light (that I have so carefully shepherded through the painting and weathering stages) on the driver’s side roof pillar. So that is on, and few more photos added for your inspection.

Time to tackel some of those 95% done projects. You know the ones that need another 50% to complete. :bat

Thanks again for looking in.

Cheers,

Bill

Opel8.jpg

Opel9.jpg

Opel10.jpg

Thanks Luiz! Stop with the head banging. I only posted yesterday! :laugh: Thanks!
Thanks, Les! (y)

Cheers,

Bill

Luiz isn't the only one who missed this excellent build, I can't say enough good stuff about it. (y) :ro: :drinks

Truly wonderful Bill! I sincerely enjoy the tiny details like the traces of the barrels in the bed-- weathering was very nicely done!

Thanks, G!
Thanks, Mike!
Thanks, Piet!
Thank You, Jeeves! Much appreciated.

Model on! :soldier :soldier :soldier

Cheers,

Bill

Back