• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Take THAT Sonny Crockett!! 1/700 Cigarette boat

h333bab3.JPG

OK! I'm game!
Having made so many Masters for molding of US Navy and US Coast Guard subjects, I feel the need to make something with long, sweeping lines, (In 1/700 scale?! IKR?!) massive horsepower, and blistering speed.

We begin with my humble 35-foot launch. (Not the pointy mast-less sailboat! :gogo ) and let ship the Dogs of "Catch Me if You Can!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLf4C1UIpws
See here the muscular, lovely 38-foot Scarab 38KV of '80's Miami Vice fame.
This'un heyer will be a tad bigger. Fin stabilizers, 3 Cat 3516C IMO II's
Watch and see!!

h681f729.JPG

Flag, radio whip and GPS/Nav radar in place. I looked for a small enough hemisphere to add a scale SAT/COM antenna, but I failed. The vacuum sweeper must have got them all.
1/700 Sherry Ann is done.
She's flying the red-headed Skull & Crossbones that tell you Her skipper is at the helm.
You'll hear Her way before she comes into view. 3 Turbo Cat diesels make a very distinctive sound on the open sea.

Captain Brown is a striking figure. DO NOT triffle with her. She is as deadly as she is beautiful.

h58ee939.jpg

Do not be deceived by Her "Work Clothes".

Thanks for looking in!
My speediest build EVER!!

God love you, Sherman! Thanks for playing along!
I think I will scale down the flags.
The rest I cain't help.

I finally got caught up with this and wow! What a thread! What a boat! I've gotta save some ducats so I can pick up a lot of these.

h8b81d85.JPG

I am happy to present the finished mold Masters for TLAR Models 1/700 "Smugglers & Rum-runners" waterline set #318!

h450409d.JPG

It had been half a year since I did this! The system still works well!

Thanks for all the support, Brothers!!

All the Masters exited clean. Looks like a VERY good mold!
Casting starts today!
That Raccoon Is a slave-driver! He had me finish the 1/700 "Movie Star" waterline small boat set today too!! ALL of 'em!
Wonker! Prack!

The Tech support guys at Reynolds Materials recommended 60 PSI. I DO NOT consider myself an expert, but the results have been pretty nice. A pressurized mold can be cast without pressure, but casting an non-pressurized mold under pressure is disastrous!

hd624175.JPG

Chernobyl Egg-Dolphins!

20210701_224548.jpg20210703_072001.jpg
It made sense to do some kind of texture to make the sea calm, illustrate what speed the 93-footer is making. Silver Sharpie drew small, hopefully shiny, waves then Kenny's Gator Glue was applied in dinky amounts to show some small relief.
20210702_171856.jpg
Kwitcherbitchin's all female crew may well be Captain Sherry Brown (No relation to Isaac Brown, CSN) Marilu Henner, Jordan Carver and Brooklyn Decker. I spied a PEE figure that was waving a flag-something. Guess what kind of "Salute" that will be?! Ongoing efforts to apply female details continue. I'm finally getting some use out of the LED lighted magnifier my Sweetie bought me.
20210703_085043.jpg20210703_085107.jpg20210703_085610.jpg
A more generous base might depict the 93' blazing past a busted USCG 33 RHI boat at 60 knots with one her crew waving her Bikini top at the unsuccessful Coastguardsmen. "She who flashes and runs away, lives to flash another day!"
Obviously the base is incomplete. A few more coats of Future should fill in the wood grain and make for a convincing, glassy Caribbean sea base. I'm well pleased with this project so far! This will be entitled "Hurrying Home from Havana." Only the Skipper knows the cargo!

Thanks for looking in! :salute::oldguy::skipper:

20210704_094335.jpg20210704_102925.jpg
I'm satisfied with the 60+ Knot wake contours. Sheets of spray from the deep V hull will come a little later on (Another experiment.)
I primed 3 more 1/700 USCG 33 RHI's this morning. I just cain't resist giving 1/700 Brooklyn Decker something fun to "salute"!
20210704_103916.jpg
Scale skin tones are not as easy as expected. Something less lellow, perhaps? I don't want the whole crew to look Latin or Indian, but sea-faring smuggler girls wound be well tanned. :bm:
Installing these should be interesting, No?!
20210704_112527.jpg
Not every member of our household is as excited about my modeling projects as I am. Wobble-kitty Berlin snoozes in the winder.
Thanks for looking in!!

Back