• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Take THAT Sonny Crockett!! 1/700 Cigarette boat

h333bab3.JPG

OK! I'm game!
Having made so many Masters for molding of US Navy and US Coast Guard subjects, I feel the need to make something with long, sweeping lines, (In 1/700 scale?! IKR?!) massive horsepower, and blistering speed.

We begin with my humble 35-foot launch. (Not the pointy mast-less sailboat! :gogo ) and let ship the Dogs of "Catch Me if You Can!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLf4C1UIpws
See here the muscular, lovely 38-foot Scarab 38KV of '80's Miami Vice fame.
This'un heyer will be a tad bigger. Fin stabilizers, 3 Cat 3516C IMO II's
Watch and see!!

20220310_185427.jpg20220310_185938.jpg
I did it!
3 Bikini-clad woman crew aboard "Kwitcherbitchin" underway at high speed on a glassy sea!!
I agonized long over how to make PEE figures feminine. It turns out, you can only see one pair of scale boobs anyway. The woman in the right seat has boobs the same as a scale depth charge and you cain't tell. I should have just done blue jean cut-offs and skimpy tops.
20220310_192304.jpg
The title is "Three Mile Limit". The waterline diorama will show the muscular 93-footer blazing past a disabled USCG RHI boat, on the way to make her "Delivery" In the fullness of time. The crew on deck will need somebody to wave her bikini top at!
The 1/700 Coast Guardsmen will be much easier to finish!
As it is, I have a finished model to take to KCCON this weekend!

Thanks again for looking in! :capsmiley:
:oldguy:
:salute:

I did it!
20220401_212644.jpg20220401_212923.jpg

I finished this lil' Gem just in time for our model show:
"Three Mile Limit". 90-foot Offshore Powerboat, Kwitcherbitchin' and her all-girl crew, thunder past a disabled US Coast Guard 25-foot patrol boat, at 60+ knots on a glassy Caribbean morning sea. The Luckless crew of the intercepting patrol boat point and wave as one of Kwitcherbitchin's crew waves her red bikini top at the hapless Coastguardsmen. Both 1/700 scale boats, the decals and flag are from TLAR Models sets.

Every model I finish is a win! I hope our contestants get a kick out of my efforts. I hope you guys do too.
With 5 figures, showing action this 2-inch square model is technically a Diorama. The girls did not cause the engine fire on the Defender 25.
300 cases of Big Black Dick's spiced rum should arrive in Miami by next Wednesday! I know a Guy.......................
Thanks for closely looking in again!
:drunks: :drink
:drunksailor:
:oldguy:
:drool:

20220904_124409.jpg
I hung some sails on the little Rum-runner schooner. She looks a lot less nekkid this way. Still some paint to touch up.

Back