• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-64BV MOD 1985

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I'm in with this one. After finding all those pictures of Russian equipment I just had to just pick something to do. I a couple kits in the stash I could have used but I really like the looks of the T-64 and the BV MOD 1985 version is the one I really really like :D I lucked out last weekend and found one on sale at Squadron.

Thinking Ukrainian :hmmm

Start up photos
023_zps5og5uzcr~0.jpg

024_zpsxtx4ymze.jpg

026_zpsvf09aqhk.jpg

027_zps30g6joee.jpg

Kit looks very nice :soldier

Ukrainian... like the sound of that, Jeff, two-tone camo ??

Ian.

Most likely the green and red-brown with white strips. like these
140274239796640360.jpg

4812302816_o.jpg

I'm looking for the hope of a gray, green and black camo one, like this one. Not seeing any Ukrainian markings.
315540T_64bv_main_battle_tank_Russian_Russia_army_016.jpg

T-64bv_main_battle_tank_Russian_Russia_army_015.JPG

I do kinda like this one
37175308_n.jpg

Then again I'm not even close to having to worry about the paint yet :v

some more reference photos of T-64BV's
1526480_-_main1.jpg

28925509_n.jpg

30717042_o.jpg

316512707_n.jpg

4077049403_o.jpg

4450704667_n.jpg

4507607241_o.jpg

528843746_o.jpg

57603921375_n.jpg

7048561693_n.jpg

710797881_n.jpg

77591326850_o.jpg

8214411130_o.jpg

837156628_n.jpg

8669410422_n.jpg

t-64bv12.jpg

Very interesting to see the different color schemes Jeff! (y)

Looking forward to the next steps! :popcorn

Gr,Ron.

I was wondering if someone had hijacked your account with all those aircraft buzin around your workbench. :popcorn

Thats what I have been building for a little bit now. Cant wait to see how yours comes out. Echelon just released decals that might interest you.

D356185.jpg

Just a couple of things that might help. The add on armour on top of the glacis is kind of poorly done in the instructions. When you look at the holes to drill for it only 2 are black and the rest are greyed out. The arrows only point to the black ones. You have to drill them all. I didn't and so put my plate on best I could and then ended up with no gap for the fuel line. Made a trench and added it but it looks like crap. If you want nicer track the Trumpeter workable is good and easy to make but feels fragile. Next one I make will be fruils. The track really does need to go on before the fenders. Its very very tight so threading after doesn't work well. Finally check which one you are going to do. While waiting for my decals I added the era blocks to the lower hull and for most of the tanks they were not added. Too late for me now though.
:popcorn
James

Very interesting to see the different color schemes Jeff! (y)

Looking forward to the next steps! :popcorn

Gr,Ron.

Thanks Ron! Kinda cool looking tank. Saw last night on a Military Vehicles in Ukraine FB page, some posted the T-64 could be a number of camouflage colors. :woohoo:

Thats what I have been building for a little bit now. Cant wait to see how yours comes out. Echelon just released decals that might interest you.

D356185.jpg

Just a couple of things that might help. The add on armour on top of the glacis is kind of poorly done in the instructions. When you look at the holes to drill for it only 2 are black and the rest are greyed out. The arrows only point to the black ones. You have to drill them all. I didn't and so put my plate on best I could and then ended up with no gap for the fuel line. Made a trench and added it but it looks like crap. If you want nicer track the Trumpeter workable is good and easy to make but feels fragile. Next one I make will be fruils. The track really does need to go on before the fenders. Its very very tight so threading after doesn't work well. Finally check which one you are going to do. While waiting for my decals I added the era blocks to the lower hull and for most of the tanks they were not added. Too late for me now though.
:popcorn
James

Cool, I had not seen those decals! :good:

That is some AWESOME information on building this kit, much appreciated! :notworthy :notworthy

One more thing to watch for. The "pins" along the hull for holding the side skirts out (as far as I know) are very flimsy and easy to knock off. I don't know if I got mine backwards or what happened, but they didn't all reach when I put the skirts on. I think next time I might drill out the holes and slide in some brass rod all the way through and cut to length when fitting the skirts. Thats about it for now I think.
James

One more thing to watch for. The "pins" along the hull for holding the side skirts out (as far as I know) are very flimsy and easy to knock off. I don't know if I got mine backwards or what happened, but they didn't all reach when I put the skirts on. I think next time I might drill out the holes and slide in some brass rod all the way through and cut to length when fitting the skirts. Thats about it for now I think.
James

Thanks again James! (y)

A little work down, removed the seem on the lower hull and filled some

DSC02628_zpsoukiuc9e.jpg

DSC02629_zpsblspnekz.jpg

DSC02630_zps4mkljthv.jpg

also got some track for this that James pointed out. :notworthy Real nice stuff. Photos later

Back