• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-55 Enigma

Hello my friends!

Here I go again with another crazy project, a T-55 Enigma from Tamiya. I´ll try a new way to approach to zenithal and modulation painting style. I start the work from a B/W painted base

DSC_0154_1294.jpg

DSC_0263_1410.jpg

DSC_0259_1408.jpg

Thanks for looking!

A new crazy step .... chipping and weathering. No worry if the weathering is coarse and rough, as with the base color you can take it wherever you want (hope so!)

Next step .... base color, sand .... The REAL difficult step. As paint must be thinned enough to allow the underneath painting works, but also, the paint must "paint" to get the desired color...

DSC_0270_1412.jpg

I´ll have to pray to the "crazy modelers" God to save me from this one!

Thanks for looking

One step more, chipping

DSC_0280_1422.jpg

DSC_0279_1421.jpg

Has the sand color did not cover completely the white/grey previous chipping, it was more easy to me to make them! I even leave some of them without painting as the chipped effect was really nice!

Thanks for looking. next step, washes

Back