• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-28 GOES TO JAPAN

That's the Tortoise, isn't it? I missed buying a Meng kit of that one at $25, should have done it. :gogo

At least it doesn't have a gazillion wheels and four runs of track. :laugh:

Yeah well the T28 looks like a better design where the hull is concerned.

:laugh:

:popcorn ..gotta be one of the strangest looking tanks i have seen.

Negative Ghost rider...

Tsar_tank.jpg

That's strange. :blink

Tsar Tank, looks like what would have been the basis of the Steam Punk universe.

Man you can store a lot of junk on that thing, probably carry a hole platoon of gear. :soldier

It only has a crew of 4. Since this will be facing a Japanese enemy some special defense issues have to be addressed. Japanese anti tank doctrine constituted swarm/suicidal attacks with satchel charges to destroy or disable the tank and then to attempt to get at the crew. On Iwo Jima and Okinawa improvised types of armor and other deterrents were devised to prevent this; such as wood planking, wire mesh cages, and even sharpened metal spikes/nails welded to hatches and horizontal surfaces.

Since this tank didn't make it to operational status we don't know what kind of tie down arrangement would have been added to the tank surface. I will try to come up with some kind of bustle for crew equipment.

h7165c94.jpg

hb00cb9f.jpg

hd26527a.jpg

hf44423c.jpg

h7ee261e.jpg

h761712e.jpg

Back