• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sven's M3A2 Bradley

Hello everybody,
actually I am quite busy these days, with all kind of modelling related projects, but since I can't resist blondes, I stick to my promise to join the braille-scale-party here. My choice of subject is somewhat odd compared to what I am normally interested in, but hey... will be an experience to mess around with the little M3A2, trying to obtain an interesting finish on a subject from which I am not really an expert of.

Ok...let's go:
IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6959.jpg

IMG_6960.jpg

Worshop resident "Roy" also seems to be thrilled about what's going on. Sort of..... I mean.

IMG_6976.jpg

He hung out with me while working on the chassey ;)

IMG_6977.jpg

So that's where Roy and I am now. I will resume working on it tonight and keep you guys and gals posted.
Happy modelling
Sven (+Roy)

Hey Sven , good to see you made a start , Mel has been waiting on your (and Roys) build :) .

A great start , I think Mr T did the same kit in last years Bonanza if you need any inspiration. :)

Jenny :kiss:

Oh great you are building a tank for the build :) , I thought you were going to do a Humvee? :) When you come to visit, you better bring Roy too :)

Mel

HI Sven.

All right, another modern armor entry. So, are you going to do this in the desert sand color, or the NATO camo colors? Either way, it is going to be a great little beast to watch as you progress.

Gary B)

Mel wrote:
When you come to visit, you better bring Roy too :)

I will ask him, also I need to talk to his brother "Siegfried" first. I will keep you informed :)

Anyways... assembly is done.
IMG_6980.jpg

An intersting size comparison with Tamiya's 1/48 Marder. Those Bradleys are bigger than I though they were.
IMG_6983.jpg

Some bits and pieces added to make it more individual.
IMG_6984.jpg

Ok... I think I can start with the painting already.
Have a good one
Cheers
Sven

Thanks Laura,
let's proceed to the painting stage:
No matter what I do, I always prime it to get a good base for the paint to follow.
IMG_6986.jpg

Then the whole model received a black base coat from Tamiya
IMG_6988.jpg

Next the desert camo was applied in a few misting coats, letting the black shine through, giving the model a sense of depht and shadowing
IMG_6990.jpg

Once done I apply a satin varnish. Washes always perform best on a satin surface.
IMG_6991.jpg

The a light general wash was applied.
IMG_6992.jpg

Now it's up to Roy to paint the details.... I'll keep you informed :unsure:
Best
Sven

Sven, thats looking nice...good job so far. Just make Roy wears a hair net before he starts painting otherwise you might end up with a furry Bradley.

Joe

Wow Sven!!

That's fast! Great build it looks realy good, so much detail in this scale!!

Can't wait to see more!!

Erik

Great work Sven :) you and Roy are doing well . Does Sigfried not like modern Armour ? More of a WWII fan huh ? It is funny , I think of him having the personality of Sigfried the Kaos agent in Maxwell Smart :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

Jenny :kiss:

Back