• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sukhoi Su-09 Cooperativa

mlp

oh dear .... as far as I remember I've said I'll join and now after some time I really managed to dig out the kit - so here we go

P1060961_1.jpg

P1060962_1.jpg

Well I hope I finish it until April :)

Up to a good start,Martin! (y)

OMG....You got your WLAN-Suche deaktiviert!!!!Take cover ,that thing will explode!

[Ok....I don't know what WLAN is] :silly: :silly: :silly: :D

Greetings,Ron.

You got your WLAN-Suche deaktiviert!

WLAN = Wireless Local Area Network

Internet or Intranet connectivity for the telephone. It all depends on how it is set up but consumer telephones are usually Internet.

Regards,

I keep my wifi turned off on my phone. Nasty things out there.

Is it me or does it look like modeling season has returned to the Martin household?

:pilot

Up to a good start,Martin! (y)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah! I found the kit!

Ah well I dont do WLAN with this small thingies.

@Bob, not really, but I realized I'm working too much and therefor I just dedusted my bench to get me motivated to sit there again - its always the same near year end you have to get all those damn things fixed the customer have ordered ....

WoW this thing is still here :) .... I'm late I guess - ohhh my

believe it or not I started it today with some preparation work and some small add ons

cimg00341.jpg

With this litte extra the wheel well will work<br>

cimg00391.jpg

hmm .... this is a poor cockpit

Hey , cool. I just found this one. Not something I see everyday. :popcorn

Time to pull the SU out of the hat ! (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you all :)

Well there are always NMF discussions going on so I thought I do a step by step of my way

Primer first

Primer

You can skip the primer if your build is fine enough - mine are never :) I always use primer.This time I used the Life Color Primer but there are different others. Most of the times I prefer CREATEX Auto Air primer.

Second Step the black shining base - well you can skip this if your primer is already looking smooth enough or you could just do a future coat on top of the primer and yes it dont have to be black it can be gray or preshaded in different colors. I only wanted to point out you dont have to use the ALCLAD gloss black. This stuff is sure good but it stinks.

This time and most other times I use Vallejo gloss black for this.

Third step the NMF.

only the small parts for this post as the birdy is still drying :) It's ALCLAD stainless steel for the landing gear, Duraluminum for the external tanks and white aluminum for the landing gear doors as this I will use on the airframe too. Well those rockets (AA-1 Alkali radar guided air to air) are sprayed Khaki, strange color for rockets but those were the days in Russia. They will get a light blue stripe and a white head.

So the NMF for the bird will follow soon ... well I hope :)

For NMF I sometimes use a lacquer made for heat pipes or oven pipes. This does work very well too, but as I've learned it is not available everywhere.

and some words on Vallejo Model Color for spraying:
I often have read that those colors do not spray well - they do, at least for me, it's just to thin them right I'd say. I use distilled and relaxed water. This water you can buy here at drug stores and its called water for ironing. It's about the same price as distilled water but it also has taken out the tension. I thin Vallejo Model Color about 1:1 with this ironing water and I add an acrylic medium to give this mixture a better bite or glue. As acrylic medium I use one made by Liquitex. So the end mixture is about 10 drops Vallejo Hobby color : 10 drops ironing water and 3 drops medium sprayed with a 0.25 nozzle at about 11PSI or 0.7 Bar

Thank you both!

the first NMF layer is on

well some repairs I've overseen needs to be done

Looks like a Mig-21, don't ya think. But it's about 50% bigger than the Mig-21. Look at it like a F-102 then you get the picture of the size and about the mission

Well I'm done

Very nice stuff here around!

here's mine - Cooperativa/MPM Su-9 1/72

p10801721.jpg

p10801731.jpg

p10801741.jpg

p10801751.jpg

p10801771.jpg

p10801781.jpg

and together with a Mig-21SM

p10802011.jpg

Very very nice work. I've never seen one of these before. Looks like it was a big plane.
(y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Nice build Martin. Love seeing these two birds next to one another. They are not as similar as I had thought . (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back