• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Staghound

Ted

Here's the Italeri Staghound with Resicast accessories. It'll be a Manitoba Dragoons car. I'm having fun with the interior, don't know how far I'll take the detail. I used Armorscale and Collector's Brass barrels. The Bronco kit fit together better and was more fun to build but the Italeri kit has a basic turret basket and gun breech.

IMG_7814.jpg

IMG_7816.jpg

IMG_7815.jpg

IMG_7813.jpg

Awesome work. The holes beside the radio, are they ammo ready storage? This will definately look cool when finished I think.
James

Nice job on the side stowage baskets. And an excellent choice for a unit. Not that I`m biased.

*cough, my home province, cough*

Matt in Manitoba ;)

Thanks James, Ken and Matt. Much appreciated. I believe the plates on either side of the wireless set are for shells but I'm not sure.

I sprayed this Staghound with Tamiya Olive Drab/Dark Yellow over white primer and black pre-shading. Lots of stowage and weathering to go.

IMG_7832.jpg

IMG_7835.jpg

Thanks Randy.

I started on the figures for this dio. I'm using a Triumph motorcycle and one of the figures in the Bronco kit along with a slightly modified Miniart British tanker as the Manitoba Dragoon. Matt, you'll be happy to hear that the Bronco kit comes with Royal Winnipeg uniform decals (was a surprise to me). So this vignette will represent two Manitoba regiments.

The Bronco figures in the Triumph kit really look like Miniart figures, same dour expression and good detail. The motorcycle is super detailled and very nice to build.

I also added decals on the ammo cases from the Bronco 25 pounder ammo case set. They're pretty nice.

IMG_7842.jpg

IMG_7839.jpg

IMG_7841.jpg

hmmmm - i should check out allied builds more often it seems! :S

another winner from you ted! the staghound looks way cool and the figures/motorbike very promising!

Ted,
Looks great to me... (I'm not sure about the figures though.
Is that guy asking for directions)??? If so I'm thinking that they
aren't too realistic looking :silly: :silly:
We all know that "Guys" don't ask for directions. :laugh: :lol:
:eek:hmy: Did I cross some kind of line (again). :evil: :evil:
But seriously the Stag looks great and so do the figures and bike.
I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Shawn

Re:Staghound and Triumph

Thanks everyone!

I finished the motorcycle, holy smokes, that's a lot of tiny parts. The fork was a challenge but the rest fit together well. I should have filled the back of each saddlebag with putty; I had to put the roll on the rear rack to hide the open-back saddlebags. :blink After my eyes un-cross I'll think about brake and clutch cables

IMG_7844.jpg

IMG_7847.jpg

IMG_7845.jpg

Ted,
That bike is really sweet looking and has lots of brass...
Looks great.
I'll be following this one closely.
Keep posting us pictures. I love it.
Shawn

Re:Staghound and Triumph

Thanks guys. The painting is finished. The stowage took a long time. Now for the weathering. I painted a cap badge to add to the dio base.

IMG_7902.jpg

IMG_7903.jpg

IMG_7904.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_7907.jpg

Back