• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Spitfire F.24 - 'What If' * * F I N I S H E D * *

Spitfire F.24 - A 'What If' build

Love the late model Spitfires . They are just beautiful creations .
Christian

I agree, Christian - but my very favourite is the Mk.XII it really looks 'angry' that big bulging cowling, clipped wings and the short Mk.V fuselage. Pity it was used by only two squadrons... perhaps that could be another 'What If' build for another time.
:hmmm

Ian.

More paint - Xtracolour & Humbrol enamels:

hcf13cdc.jpg

hcce377d.jpg

hc36ec00.jpg

he5048a4.jpg

h450a187.jpg

This is happening much faster than I anticipated :idonno

Ian.

Decalled, and 'Pro Modeller/Flory' washed:

Flory On

h614db9b.jpg

Flory Off

hec4284f.jpg

hc31857c.jpg

A great weathering product for a very plain finish like this in my opinion.

Ian.

Looks great Ian! I've never had good luck with the Flory washes, any chance you could elaborate on your techniques?

Thanks
Mike

Looks great Ian! I've never had good luck with the Flory washes, any chance you could elaborate on your techniques?

Thanks
Mike

Technique ? - erm, I slosh it all over one section at a time, wait 45mins for it to dry, then wipe clear with a lint-free soft cloth and/or a cotton-bud slightly wetted with good ol' H2O. Not trying to come-off as a smarta*se but there really is nothing more to it !! (well a good glossy, smooth finish helps).

Ian.

On finals now...

Next time you see this wee thing, it'll be all done. Just the lower rudder piece to spray and 'weld' in to place, then a light coat of Humbrol Satin Cote (sic) and finally add the canopy, windshield and access door.

Thanks for looking and/or commenting.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

Back